“Excellent Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I traveled to the Foxwoods area recently for business, and given the rather isolated nature of the area, decided that I would stay at the MGM Grand casino hotel rather than a more traditional business hotel (owing primarily to the fact that there were no such hotels in the area).

First off, I should note, that I am not a gambler, so I cannot comment on the gaming facilities at the MGM or the Foxwoods resort. That being said, the hotel itself is a phenomenal property. Check-in was quick and efficient, and my room very luxurious. The European dry bath was also a very nice touch in the spacious bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the work spaces well designed for business. All in all, as a business, rather than a gaming or vacation traveler, I found the hotel excellent.

Additionally, the gym/spa facilities are first rate. I’m sure most are used to the hotel gym being three pieces of outdated equipment and a 15 year old television. The MGM’s gym/spa facilities were simply top notch. It was essentially a miniature version of my health club at home. A few dozen pieces of modern cardio equipment, free and machine weights, and towels and water bottles at the ready throughout the facility. I got a great and refreshing workout here on three occasions during my three day stay. Additionally, the indoor pool/spa area was quiet and restful.

Finally, my interactions with the staff were limited, but I can especially call note to the MGM’s concierge. The only drawback I found of the MGM were the limited hours of the business center. After arrival my assistant emailed me a crucial document that I wanted to have printed out, rather than only accessible on my laptop. While the business center was closed at what I thought was an early hour (although remembering this is not a hotel that caters to business), the concierge immediately offered to print the document and destroy the file. It’s a simple gesture, but one I appreciated.

In the off chance I find myself in this remote part of Connecticut again, I would definitely repeat my stay at the MGM.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great place to stay and if you gamble enough comps will cover the rooms.Great venue to gamble and the restaurants are real ggod especially Juniors which give large portions at reasonable prices.During the summer the kids love the pool which is real cool and also they go too the arcade over at peoquet which they love to go to Fudruckers for burgers and dogzilla(great chili dog about $ 6.00) and you have a hard time finishing it.Concerts all the time with top billings so we give MGM 5 stars.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on forest side the Hawk shows are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you live in New England , and you're looking for a place to get away for a few days, this is it.
Nice assortment of restaurants from Dunkin Donuts, fast food, family dining, fine dining or just deserts
They have nice large clean rooms and suites, in 4 hotels.
Both indoor and outdoor pools.
Any type of gaming you desire, including a huge bingo hall.
A game room and theater for kids.
Plenty of night life.
If you should get bored??? you can take a trip to Mystic or check out Mohegan Sun (just as nice).

Room Tip: If you're younger, try the MGM. If you're older, try Grand Pequiot. The are interconnected...
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My fiancee & I stayed at the MGM to celebrate our engagement, upon returning from a few weeks in Hawaii. The property is beautiful and well-maintained, the rooms are spacious & the restaurants are fantastic. Susan, the chief concierge, made our stay a very special one, and we will absolutely be back within the next few months.

I highly recommend MGM!

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

How exciting to have a Foxwoods deal offer for Christmas night, 125.00 plus tax and includes 50.00 in food credit. Score!

I headed down early with hopes on time to enjoy the spa, and arrived to a bustling lobby. It was nicely decorated for the holidays, and almost every check-in counter had an agent so lines moved quickly. I was greeted with a smile from an agent in a Santa Hat who promptly said 'Merry Christmas'. Check-in was quick and I was advised they had been sold out last night, and rooms were still being turned. It was about 10am, so I certainly understood that. She took my number, suggested dropping bags off at the desk, and I told her I planned on just hanging by the pool for a while. At about 1pm, the spa attendant came to advise me my room was ready. He said just leave stuff here if you like and come back, great idea!

Went down, lines were short, quickly checked in and bags from the bellman in under a minute. The room was perfect. Immaculate, large and the mountain view. It had just had a fresh dusting of light snow. Bak to enjoy the amazing spa, shower in the waterfall one and to the casino.

I have been here many times and stayed twice. Weekend prices are usually high, but for this or a quick weekday getaway kudos to everyone there for making the holidays Merry! Great service and great rooms, Santa couldn't gave brought anymore.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Always stay at the MGM hotel is much newer and more luxurious than Foxwoods. Everyone there are very friendly and helpful. Its a class act in the casino drinks are served in glasses not plastic cups. Everything is also very clean not like many other casinos.

Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Last year we stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had such a great time we did it again this year. The entire Foxwoods property is an amazing place but the MGM is just a bit nicer. We stayed in Director Suite what an amazing room probably one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. Check in was fast, easy and very friendly. The staff left us chocolate strawberries in our room for our wedding anniversary, just like last year nice touch. My only regret is that we only stayed for one night, maybe next year two nights!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!