“Christmas in the Woods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

Save Saved
You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Boston, MA
“Christmas in the Woods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

How exciting to have a Foxwoods deal offer for Christmas night, 125.00 plus tax and includes 50.00 in food credit. Score!

I headed down early with hopes on time to enjoy the spa, and arrived to a bustling lobby. It was nicely decorated for the holidays, and almost every check-in counter had an agent so lines moved quickly. I was greeted with a smile from an agent in a Santa Hat who promptly said 'Merry Christmas'. Check-in was quick and I was advised they had been sold out last night, and rooms were still being turned. It was about 10am, so I certainly understood that. She took my number, suggested dropping bags off at the desk, and I told her I planned on just hanging by the pool for a while. At about 1pm, the spa attendant came to advise me my room was ready. He said just leave stuff here if you like and come back, great idea!

Went down, lines were short, quickly checked in and bags from the bellman in under a minute. The room was perfect. Immaculate, large and the mountain view. It had just had a fresh dusting of light snow. Bak to enjoy the amazing spa, shower in the waterfall one and to the casino.

I have been here many times and stayed twice. Weekend prices are usually high, but for this or a quick weekday getaway kudos to everyone there for making the holidays Merry! Great service and great rooms, Santa couldn't gave brought anymore.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Always stay at the MGM hotel is much newer and more luxurious than Foxwoods. Everyone there are very friendly and helpful. Its a class act in the casino drinks are served in glasses not plastic cups. Everything is also very clean not like many other casinos.

Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Last year we stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had such a great time we did it again this year. The entire Foxwoods property is an amazing place but the MGM is just a bit nicer. We stayed in Director Suite what an amazing room probably one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. Check in was fast, easy and very friendly. The staff left us chocolate strawberries in our room for our wedding anniversary, just like last year nice touch. My only regret is that we only stayed for one night, maybe next year two nights!

Trois-Rivières
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been here for the second time this year in december 2012. Again we were not disappointed. The room are good size and really clean. Last time we were on floor 24th on forest side. This time we were on 29th floor road side. I do prefer forest side because the only thing you can see is trees every were. It is calm. For people who prefer action, the road side would be better. If you are a casino player it is a very good place. You can have access to 2 others casinos without going outside. You have to go to Mohegan sun casino which is about 20 minutes drive. Good time and a lot of fun!!!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the MGM the weekend of DEC 7-9 with my family for my mom's 60th birthday party. We wanted to make it special and thought Foxwoods would be a perfect place to celebrate! I was hoping to get an upgrade on our room to make it special for my mom, so I wrote to them explaining that it was her 60th birthday. Right away I got a response and they were able to upgrade us to a beautiful suite with a separate sleeping area and living room. I got in contact with Susan A. Evarts who seems to do all the planning for these type of things. Susan was amazing, she responded quickly to all my emails, and went out of her way to make this trip truly wonderful. She beautifully decorated the room, with a welcome birthday sign, window decorating, and even flower petals on the over-sized king size bed. I could tell that making us happy was her number one priority. She also can help with dinner reservations, suggestions, shows, activities, etc. After our most recent stay I would recommend this hotel to anybody, and advise you to contact Susan if you want someone to make your experience one to remember. I plan on coming back sometime in the near future for another big anniversary, birthday, or event. 5 stars!!

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ChefCon1, Chef Concierge at The Fox Tower, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, Ms.P I am very proud to be a part of a team that is committed to exceeding our guest's expectations. We are thrilled to have worked with you to make your mom's 60th birthday "GRAND". I look forward to the opportunity to have you and your family return to MGM and Foxwoods in the near future.

In the Spirit of Hospitality~
Susan Evarts
Chef Concierge
MGM Grand at Foxwoods
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The rooms at the MGM Foxwood casino are large and comfortable. The bathroom is a standout. A walk in shower and large bathroom with all conveniences make it a lovely place to rest after see a show or gambling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed at the MGM in November. Rooms were very clean and spacious. The rooms are pricey, but definitely worth it. Staff was very accommodating; i would definitely stay here again!
Went to Shrine which is right down stairs for the rooms. It was nice to have a very short walk to our room after a long night of dancing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!