“Good Service-Terrible Steak” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
David Burke Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Mohegan Lake, New York
“Good Service-Terrible Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the steak and overall food here. I ordered their "signature" steak, the T-Bone. When I received the steak, their was little or no filet and the steak was tasteless. Quite frankly, I have purchased better steaks (much better) from the A&P. NOT IMPRESSED. This place is a rip off and should be avoided.

CT, USA
“Another Casino Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What is with Celebrity Chef Casino Restaurants. On a Saturday Night five of us decided to have dinner at David Burke at Foxwoods before attending a Concert at the MGM. Our Reservations were at 6:pm and we were seated quickly. Our waitress was wonderful (wish I could remember her name), she was attentive and remembered every item we all ordered without writing down a thing, even special request cocktails, Amazing! After that we found that the eatable choices that we all made were terribly lacking for such a High Priced Steakhouse. I personally chose the Clams Casino which were 6 tiny Little neck Clams with a touch of cold tomato and a hint of bacon. My choice of Prime Rib was cooked perfectly rare but diminutive in size and not worth the price tag of $39. I have had similar cuts of meat in various restaurants for as little as $9.99.
My fellow patrons also felt their entrees and appetizers were lacking in quality as well as quantity. The side dishes we ordered aren't worth the mention. We all had previously been to various well known Steakhouses all across the country and we agreed Casino Restaurants seem built to a lower scale than when they occupy prime real estate across America. Additionally, we felt a Dress Code should be required here, it's disturbing to see other customers walking in wearing Printed T-shirts and Mid-driff tops and baggy pants below their waist! Prepare to Spend a minimum of $100 per person without the tip. I won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“very good food but it will cost you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Although not the greatest value, this steakhouse had all of the right menu items and great service. It was nice to be able to choose the age of your steak. the ambiance is nothing special, prices are a bit high. All around a very good meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm City, Fla
“A great all round steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food was excellent. My wife's extremely rare steak was still mooing as she likes it. Excellent service at a fair price.

“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I was there at a business function which started at the bar. The bar was spacious and had a good vibe. There were appetizers served, which were very good and could have been enough for dinner. We ordered off of a limited menu but had a wide selection. I ordered shrimp cocktail which were a good size but definitely not fresh and a bit over cooked. The cocktail sauce was salty and awful in general and there was some brown mayonnaise concoction that tasted like just mayonnaise. I had the 40 day aged bone in rib eye medium rare, although it was cooked a bit more than I would have liked. The steak was great and the filet that a friend ordered looked very good too (and was actually cooked medium rare as ordered). The best part of the meal was the spinach and mushroom sides and the table really enjoyed the popovers. Overall a good place to eat and to order steak, but as far as a great steakhouse, it did not "wow" me.