“Pleasent alternative to Foxwoods main hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Trees Inn

Save Saved
You added Two Trees Inn to your Saves list
Two Trees Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Norwich-Westerly Road, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT 06338   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Mashantucket
Long Island, NY
“Pleasent alternative to Foxwoods main hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

We had a very pleasent stay at the Two Trees Inn, which is situated within a 10 minute walk of the Foxwoods casino. We also used the bus service when we were too lazy or tired to walk. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to pick us up.

We stayed in a King Suite, which is really two very small rooms but was clean, quiet and comfortable. Hotel staff were coureous throughout.

One minor irritation. Free coffee is only available from midnight to 8am. After that you have to go to the gift shop and pay for it.

If you are not rated by the casino and you are looking for a more cost friendly alternative to the two large Foxwoods casino hotels, then check this hotel out. We would certainly come back.

Stayed June 2006

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Great Neck, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

While our stay here was acceptable, I was furious upon arrival. We were told that the regular hotels didn't have any suites available and that the Two Tree's Inn was a owned by Foxwoods and was basically the same thing just accross the street. We were told while they didn't have wireless internet (hard to believe that a resort this size doesn't have this), they had high speed internet access and I could borrow what was needed at the hotel.

Upon arrival it was apparent that this was no "Hotel" but indeed a "Motel", and was not at the level of the hotels in the main area. This hotel wasn't really across the street it was in the parking lot between the resort and muesum. I checked in anyway, it was a holiday weekend and I didn't feel like driving from the Hilton a few times a day.

Around 1:am I was told that they didn't have High speed internet service but I could dial out on the phone line for a small charge (Yea right?, dial up??).

We wanted to check out but we were stuck..... They also gave us the wrong directions to the Mall and when I mentioned it, the girl said well I don't drive much, I was guessing???????

I was able to keep my kewl, and not get upset. The housekeeping staff was very good. The rooms were shabby, the fridge was in the bedroom instead of the living room of our suite. The sink wasn't inside the bathroom, and the bathroom was so small and you had to walk through the bedroom to get there - not meant for privacy from your kids I guess - reminded me of the "Red Roof Inn" that I used to stay in 20 years ago when I was in college.

Nice grounds, amble bus service to the main resort!

Stayed February 2006

Travelers are raving about these Mashantucket hotels

Dover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

While at a conference at Foxwoods during the last week of February, I was able to get a room at the Two Trees Inn at the resort. Check in was super smooth, and the desk staff was terrific. I did not specify a bed type, and ended up in a room with two double beds. I would suggest Queens or a King bed. The room was very clean and comfortable. The climate control system was easy to use, and the furnishings were all up to date and in good condition. The TV was small. In the bathroom, it was clean and modern. The shower was clean, with plenty of water pressure. A heat lamp was a nice touch. There were plenty of outlets, but Foxwoods hasn’t completed the wireless internet setup yet for Two Trees. They do have dialup, but with a surcharge.
I did not eat at the restaurant, but several colleagues did, saying that it was good. The shuttle to the casino was prompt and clean. I enjoyed my stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

Just came back from a weekend at the Two Trees Inn.
First, the room was really nice, we had a junior non smoking suite on the third floor. There was a living room, with a pull out sofa, tv, phone, bureaus, closet, end tables, two chairs and a cocktail table. Then a seperate bedroom with a door. We had two beds in there, a refrigerator, bureaus, tv, phone, closets, bathoom. Plenty of room and the room was really clean and decorated nicely.

Ate in the restaurant twice. The food was EXCELLENT! And, they give you so much. We had dinner and lunch there the next day. The sandwiches are the best I've ever had, and the service was great....There's also a large pool with a jacuzzi. Also a nice fireplace in the lobby and in the restaurant and lounge.

This Inn is part of Foxwoods property, you just take the shuttle right out front and Foxwoods is a few minutes away. The shuttle runs 24 hours a day.

Hope this helps.

Nancy - Mass.

I'm glad we decided on this place instead of the one right inside Foxwoods.

I highly recommned this Inn, we had a wonderful time and we treated great.

• Stayed February 2006
CapeCod
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

We arrived after a two hour drive...quickly washed up (wondered why the water did not warm up) and left for dinner, knowing we would wash again before actually eating.
Back in the room a couple of hours later we discovered there was no hot water when we went to shower before using the pool and spa. We called the desk and were told, "It is an ongoing problem, we are working on it." So, we went to the pool anyway...and returned to find - NO HOT WATER. Finally put the kids to bed without rinsing off the chlorine and hoped for the best in the morning. We felt they should have comped us at least for the inconvenience....some Wampum points (good towards cost of room or for food or purchases in the gift shops)...but not even an apology.
Room was clean...but smaller than the Grand Pequot Tower room. Dark too - they need larger bulbs in the many lamps in the room - nothing to adequately read by. Not all of us spend the whole night in the casino!!

• Stayed January 2006
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

We just returned from Foxwoods. We go there two or three times a year. We have always stayed off grounds. This was the first time we planned in advance and got two rooms at Two Trees Inn. We got a suite and a regular room with two queens. We had a great time and won a bit of money. The shuttle bus was not a problem since it ran 24 hours a day. We plan on going back soon and staying in one of the towers. I will have to book far in advance

Stayed December 2005
milford ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2005

We thought is was a place where we would go again, but I'm confused, is there a Two Trees Inn one in Mashantucket and Ledyard. We previously stayed at Ledyard

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!