“Not bad, but could be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Two Trees Inn

Save Saved
You added Two Trees Inn to your Saves list
Two Trees Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Norwich-Westerly Road, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT 06338   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Not bad, but could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

It's a hotel, minutes away from the casino, no complaints there. My only complaints were the same pile of dog poop that sat in the middle of the sidewalk by the gazebo for the 4 days I was there and that when ~ 40 college kids decided to have an apple pie fight and bang on everyone's doors at 4 in the morning nothing was done about it. You would this with the amount of cameras in this hotel something would have been done immediately. Apple Pie was stuck to the walls, doors and floor everywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Two Trees Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for recognizing the benefit of our location. Additionally I appreciate your effort in bringing your concerns to our attention as our guests’ comfort is of the upmost importance. It appears we were not given the opportunity to assist you with either of these highly unusual matters while you on property as I’m not showing a record of having previously received your concerns. If you are interested I would like the chance to assist you. At your convenience I may be contacted directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at the Two Trees Inn on Friday, May 9, and there were four of us in a king suite. The main room had two queen beds, a TV (that didn't work) and a bathroom, separated from the living area , which had another TV(that did work) and a pull out couch(OUCH!!).

When we arrived, we paid for the room with casino credit, which included the hotel's resort fee of $16.50 per hight, and tax. They took my credit card for a deposit for security, pretty standard, however, as of today, there is still a hold on there from them for $100. and they said they explained this at check in and NO THEY DID NOT! Hopefully, this gets squared away and removed by the end of the week. The rooms were very clean, the shower was hot, and there was a TV in the big room that didn't work when we got back from the casino at midnight, so we called down to the front desk, and VOILA , they had it repaired within 30minutes. All in All, we would stay here again, as the room was fine for what we wanted, which was only a place to lay our heads briefly, in between the casino. It would have been more stars, if it had not been for these other issues. Next time, we may try the old MGM, or the Pequot Towers, which are more luxurious, and more what I am looking for when I am traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the check in desk, otherwise, you are most definitely walking a long way.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and you realize the positive aspects of our property despite the issues you encountered. Your feedback is valuable as I am interested in preventing future occurrences. I would be grateful if you would be willing to contact me directly and provide me with your reservation information which will allow me the opportunity to personally follow up with the matters you brought to our attention.
Fairhaven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Two Trees Inn this past weekend and we were pleasantly surprised by the recent room renovations that are being made. Our room had just been finished, and the bulky furniture is gone, replaced with sleek, clean, light colored headboard and end tables. Also gone is the bulky tv unit, which makes the room look and feel a lot larger. They even have the plug for the coffee pot located outside this unit, so you no longer have to make your morning beverage in the bathroom! I appreciate the fact that you can open the windows at this Inn to let in the fresh morning or evening air, while looking over the beautiful grounds. We had beautiful weather, so we really enjoyed this amenity. It really is a charming Inn, with shuttle buses to the casinos or a walking trail, if you prefer. The desk clerk was very accommodating to our room request and helped make this one of our best visits ever.

Room Tip: They have a non-smoking unit, so if you are not a smoker, request a room in this building.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Two Trees Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I am thrilled you were pleased with your recently renovated room. We carefully considered our guests' valuable feedback when planning our improvements and it is wonderful to hear your positive reaction. I also greatly appreciate your recognition of our employee's efforts. If you would be at all willing to contact me I would like to request your reservation information to provide me with the capability of acknowledging the guest service of the front desk agent who assisted you during your visit. At your convenience I may be reached directly by my email address mbutler@foxwoods.com
NY,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Great location and shuttle buses provided to the casinos. The rooms are average and nothing to brag about but much cheaper than staying at casino hotels. Clean and quaint. We had a suite which was comfortable but not luxurious. Easy to park which is a plus. Close to everything from casinos to Mystic Seaport. They have deals from time to time that you can't pass up so join their mailing list. Great option if you want to visit casinos and not spend a fortune on accommodations

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Peabody, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

During a recent stay iwth my two older sons, my son broke the glass on one of the lights in the hallway. He had been out partying. Security observed the incident on video. Although there was no malicious intent i was still charged $180 for theroken glass.

I would beware of breaking anything at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is located 5 minutes from the casino Foxwoods. The rooms are clean but make sure you ask for the non smoking section if you do not smoke. Some of the rooms are pet friendly and the fee is usually around $40-50 dollars additional. Their is a small pool on the premises which I do not use and also a small lounge that offers some entertainment on the weekends and food. Their is a shuttle free of charge that comes very often and drops you off in a few locations at the casino. The hotel could use a bit of updating but usually one of the most affordable hotels there. If you have a party of 5 you can book the suite which has two queen beds in one room with a bath and then a separate area that has a door you can close and a sleeper sofa couch.

Room Tip: They have non smoking rooms and a suite which has two queen beds with another room which offers a sl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Elmhurst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I ran a bus trip to Foxwoods from Queens and stayed at Two Trees. Very convenient bus shuttle arrangment to the two casinos. We were given coupons for free breakfast and dinner at Festival Buffet in the Pequa. Nice pool in the hotel as well as the bar/restaurant. The room was fine. Don't listen to the naysayers. Some people are inclined to misery. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!