“Disappointed holiday” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Two Trees Inn

Save Saved
You added Two Trees Inn to your Saves list
Two Trees Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Norwich-Westerly Road, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT 06338   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointed holiday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited the Two Tree hotel at Foxwoods the day before xmas eve and was very disappointed. All of the other hotels were sold out and that was the only one available so I thought I would give it a shot.
Wrong!!! The atmosphere felt like I was in a motel 6. It was dark and gloomy and the hallways seemed really dirty. I went into my room after checking in and noticed the room looked unclean and damaged. I called down to the front desk and they said that was all they had and they were sorry. In any case i left my stuff there and went to the casino.
After coming back from the casino i took another look at the room and noticed there seemed to be something missing from the wall, like a picture and a hole in the wall. Also water stains and candy wrappers under the bed.
That hotel needs some major renovations and the housekeeping staff should be fired.
to top things off, 2 weeks after i checked out, i got a letter in the mail from them that I was responsible for the damage and that i owed the hotel almost 100 dollars for it. Unbelievable!!!!
after several calls to the VP Foxwoods , I was able to rectify it and not owe them any $$$.
I will never stay there again .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Everett, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Clean nice hotel staff was friendly shuttle bus was very convenient it ran every ten minutes for twenty four hours a day!
I would have liked something telling us check in/check out times either in the rooms or on the online reservation

Room Tip: Less expensive than staying inside if the casino great choice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We called and booked a nonsmoking room yet when we checked in they said only smoking rooms were available! It was too late in the night to stay anywhere else so we just dealt with it. The rooms smelled so vile it was absolutely disgusting. I awoke with one of the worst headaches I've had in recent memory. I would avoid at all costs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Mashantucket hotels

Wales, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here one night this past weekend. It had been the 3rd time here. Some positivies: their shuttles are free and run very frequently to the casinos and all night long. Although the wait does get longer at night. It's usually the cheapest of the Foxwoods hotels. Some negatives: The pool water was extremely strong and smelly. We actually went and used pool and hot tub elsewhere at Norwhich Spa. The restaurant is over priced and over rated. The rooms were clean but need some updating in the bathroom. The shampoo was watery.

Room Tip: Don't choose one by an exit/entry. You hear people in and out all night.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Cons
- My room had terrible cigarette smoke damage. The smoke smell in the room and hallway was so bad that my husband and I will have to get our coats and clothes dry cleaned after just staying one night. The whole hotel is suppose to be non-smoking.
- Outdated bathroom
- Overall the room and hotel was very depressing and dingy. My husband and I could not wait to check out.
- Considering the hotel isn't connected to the any of the casinos, it was pretty pricey for what you get. I would rather stay at MGM which has comparable rates.
- Had mediocre breakfast at hotel restaurant

Pros
24 hour shuttle service to each of the casinos that runs every 20 minutes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for a night as the price was alot less than the casino hotels. Our room was a king bed,on the third floor. Very tight quarters for even the two of us..had to keep moving the desk chair in order to get to side of bed..no fridge..sagging mattress...room key did not work on outside door at 11pm when we tried to enter. Although this hotel is convenient to casinos, we would try to stay in the casino hotels next time.

Room Tip: do not stay near stairwells as they are noisy all night
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

negative rating, if I can give
1. A Pet friendly hotel but do not allow pet anywhere, not in the lobby, nor hallway, nor elevator
2. Additional charge for a "pet friendly" room that has a broken shower, stained carpet, and sagging mattresses (yes there are dents in the middle)
3. Hostile night shift manager, we weren't arguing and had agreed to pay extra money for the pet friendly room, but for a minute I thought he was going to throw us out the hotel , its 9 pm at night and its 20 degree outside

Room Tip: I will not stay here at all again
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!