“We stay here because usually it's the cheapest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Two Trees Inn

Save Saved
You added Two Trees Inn to your Saves list
Two Trees Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Norwich-Westerly Road, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT 06338   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Mashantucket
Wales, Massachusetts
“We stay here because usually it's the cheapest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here one night this past weekend. It had been the 3rd time here. Some positivies: their shuttles are free and run very frequently to the casinos and all night long. Although the wait does get longer at night. It's usually the cheapest of the Foxwoods hotels. Some negatives: The pool water was extremely strong and smelly. We actually went and used pool and hot tub elsewhere at Norwhich Spa. The restaurant is over priced and over rated. The rooms were clean but need some updating in the bathroom. The shampoo was watery.

Room Tip: Don't choose one by an exit/entry. You hear people in and out all night.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Cons
- My room had terrible cigarette smoke damage. The smoke smell in the room and hallway was so bad that my husband and I will have to get our coats and clothes dry cleaned after just staying one night. The whole hotel is suppose to be non-smoking.
- Outdated bathroom
- Overall the room and hotel was very depressing and dingy. My husband and I could not wait to check out.
- Considering the hotel isn't connected to the any of the casinos, it was pretty pricey for what you get. I would rather stay at MGM which has comparable rates.
- Had mediocre breakfast at hotel restaurant

Pros
24 hour shuttle service to each of the casinos that runs every 20 minutes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mashantucket hotels

NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for a night as the price was alot less than the casino hotels. Our room was a king bed,on the third floor. Very tight quarters for even the two of us..had to keep moving the desk chair in order to get to side of bed..no fridge..sagging mattress...room key did not work on outside door at 11pm when we tried to enter. Although this hotel is convenient to casinos, we would try to stay in the casino hotels next time.

Room Tip: do not stay near stairwells as they are noisy all night
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

negative rating, if I can give
1. A Pet friendly hotel but do not allow pet anywhere, not in the lobby, nor hallway, nor elevator
2. Additional charge for a "pet friendly" room that has a broken shower, stained carpet, and sagging mattresses (yes there are dents in the middle)
3. Hostile night shift manager, we weren't arguing and had agreed to pay extra money for the pet friendly room, but for a minute I thought he was going to throw us out the hotel , its 9 pm at night and its 20 degree outside

Room Tip: I will not stay here at all again
Reading, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

First, I will say that the service, casino shuttle, and hotel conveniences were all satisfactory. The staff was always friendly and available, and the shuttles were easy and frequent enough to make staying off-site a rather trivial problem.
That said, the room quality is just such a jump down from the other hotels at Foxwoods that I wish we had just spent the extra bit to stay elsewhere. The discount at Two Trees is decent enough, but the fixtures, features, and overall feel just make it feel like a cheap hotel. We even stayed in one of the bigger rooms (the Junior Suite) and it certainly did not feel like a $200+ hotel room. The bathroom fixtures were all white plastic and the shower felt like a cave. The beds were uncomfortable and the heating was all manual (no automatic temp control, so we found ourselves sweating terribly in the middle of the night, despite the "low heat" setting). Cleanliness seemed fine, but the material quality from top to bottom was just lacking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Came here Christmas Eve. The last time I was at Foxwoods, I stayed at the MGM Grand. I didn't know what to expect based on the reviews. I actually thought this hotel was adorable! I really liked the comfy winter lodge vibe. The shuttle to the casino was convenient, but I bet that it's a pleasant walk when the weather is nice. The rooms were clean and average in appearance and size.

The indoor pool looked nice but we didn't have a chance to use it. We had a drink at the restaurant before getting on the shuttle - the bar was okay. It was hard to judge because it was Christmas Eve -- probably not as crowded as usual.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stay there frequently, as they are pet-friendly and close to Foxwoods Casino.
The motel is always very clean and we have always been happy with our room. But,this last time, was not so great. The room was nice like usual, but we think that the person in the room next to us was using drugs, as we started smelling something awful coming thru the side door in our room. Also, he kept slamming the door to his room and at 11:43pm, had his tv so loud that it woke us up.
The pet fee is a little ridicioulous...$40.00 a night ($46 with tax)! And...the coffee hours are crazy, 12 midnight - 8am in the morning. I went to get coffee at 8:30am and there was no creamer left. I went to the front desk to ask for creamer, and was told that it ended at 8am! To me, thats not very good customer service. How hard would it have been to get me a couple of creamers??!!
Other than the above, we have always been happy at this motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!