“Great spa experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 Attractions in Mashantucket
“Great spa experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a couples massage, pedicures, and facials. All were great. Staff was very friendly and kind, especially Katherine and Kelly! They were funny and personable. Great experience. Definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2013

Morris County, NJ
363 attraction reviews
2,332 helpful votes 2,332 helpful votes
“Great spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I treated my wife to a massage here one morning while I hit the casino. The staff was great when I called up several days before to make the appointment for her. Overall my wife loved it and said it was one of the best massages that she had ever had. I think she needed it because we were still upset with the poor way that we were treated by one of the "managers" at one of Foxwoods hotels the night before.

“Pedi was terrible...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked pedis together for our anniversary. I was hesitant at first due to the price but we decided to go for it. We only get out overnight once a year because of our two young girls. I expected what the menu said... A 50 minute pedi. The pedi started at 5:47 and ended at 6:15 ( not even a half hour). The girls were very nice that were doing the pedis but they were cut short and they told us we were the last of the day and they still had almost 4 hours till closing??!!! For 70 you expect a great pedi. About 3 hours after the pedi I noticed that the pair is chipping off 3 of my toes. The paint job in itself was poorly done. I can't believe we paid $140 and $30 in tip for an incredibly poor pedi and rushed experience. In New York I get a much better pedi with a massage and all the works for $28!!! ( and it takes at least a few weeks for the paint to start chipping!!). Overall I'm extremely disappointed in this spa. I work hard for my money ( as we all do) and I feel like I wasted almost $200 on nothing here. I will not recommend this spa to anyone. And if you are wondering why we tipped so well it is just in my husbands nature to do that no matter the service. Such a disappointing experience!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
long island, new york
3 attraction reviews
“has good potential, but a few issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend and i just went to the Gspa this past Sunday.
We had booked waxing, mani/pedi, and massages.
We had a few hour drive to the spa, and about an hour before we were due to arrive, we received a phone call that if we wanted the wax, we needed to be there 15 minutes prior to when we were originally scheduled, or there would not be time for it. Keep in mind, we had all of our appointments scheduled with an email confirmation that never mentioned that there may be an issue with timing. So, we arrived at the hotel and instead of having time to check in we had to go straight to the spa with our luggage. When we arrived we gave our names and I was taken right away for a wax. I was not asked to fill anything out, or any questions. They gave me a locker to put my stuff away in and I was taken to get waxed right away. The technician who waxed me was great. Her name was lindsay and I highly recommend her. She was very professional and helpful, especially since I was asking her questions about the spa being that I was rushed in. When my wax was finished, I was ushered back to the locker room where my technician was waiting for my mani/pedi. I told her I needed a minute to change in to my robe and slippers since I hadn't had a chance to do that yet. I changed in to my robe and slippers and she took me to get my mani. My friend and I had purposely booked our pedi's together at 5pm since this was a girls trip, however my technician told me she preferred to do the mani first. oh well. i got my mani and while my girl was very nice, it was seriously lacking. I felt rushed picking a color. She didn't cut my nails even though i told her I wanted them very short. She didn't do a great job on my cuticles. There was no hand massage or paraffin treatment- for a 40 dollar manicure, i was expecting this fantastic unbelievable mani and honestly i've gotten better at my nail salon back home. When the mani was finished i was bought to get my pedicure where i finally met up with my friend. My friend wasn't even shown the locker room yet and had all of her luggage and belongings with her at the pedicure chair. Really??
My friend was almost done with her pedi at this point. So now the pedicure begins and for 70 dollars, again, you are expecting an hour pedi that better be the best you've ever gotten-right? No. My pedi was half an hour IF that. Just some cream on your legs, no massage, NOTHING special about it. And my toes did NOT look perfect. I was done with my waxing, mani, and pedi by 6pm. And I arrived at 445. So I felt rushed and did not get the time I deserved. So my friend and I met up in the locker room at 6 and we had massages scheduled for 7. We were told we couldn't go in the sauna or steam room or pool because of our nails just being done. No one had ever given us a tour or shown us around at this point so we had no idea. So we walked around and found an outside area and hung out there until they called us for the massage.
I had dana for my massage and I will say the massage was 100% top notch. She was excellent and very professional and the massage was wonderful. I timed it so i know it was exactly 50 minutes like advertised. After the massage my friend and I found the steam room/sauna and hung out there for a while. We then changed and went up to the front desk, where we saw a big pool and whirpool. I asked what it was and the girl at the desk told me it was part of the spa. Well, it would have been nice to have gotten a tour when we got there so we knew what amenities were provided! So when i went to pay I asked the girl at the front desk if something got screwed up with my mani/pedi because they called to change my wax appointment because my pedi was so short. I figured maybe they gave me the express one instead of the long one. She told me it was supposed to be the long one, but only charged me for the short one since I told her I was done with all 3 services from 445 to 6. Overall, it was a relaxing time but the mani/pedi were not up to par at all, my mani is already chipping today the next day. I was disapointed that it wasn't as good as i hoped it was going to be.I was never told we could order room service, etc. By the time we got done it was late and we were hungry! I also felt the spa could have done more with their customer service to make a person feel more special. So that's now i feel about the gspa, nothing special.

CHARISSE D, Manager at G Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. All I can say is that I am so sorry! You should never have felt rushed and you should have been toured. It looks like my mani / pedi protocols need to be reviewed.
I would also like you to contact me at 860 312 4772 so I can get the details of your visit and get you another nail service.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!
East Hampton, NY
7 attraction reviews
“Great Spa, Not so Great Mani/Pedi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I love MGM Grand at Foxwoods. Every experience I've had has been excellent . . . Food, Gambling, atmosphere, rooms, staff, etc. except for the Manicure and Pedicure I had today. The spa was gorgeous and I really liked the staff and my person who did my treatment, however having a friendly person only goes so far. During my pedicure I felt like my toe skin was being filed off. I didn't want to say anything because I figured she knew what she was doing. I knew something was wrong when she wiped my toes with nail polish remover to prepare me for the painting and it stung like alcohol on an open wound. I squirmed in my chair, screamed out loud, told her there was something wrong there like skin missing or open wound and she said she didn't see anything. When she applied the nail polish/top coat a little got in the wound and stung like crazy. Now I am home and there is a clear line of skin missing where she was filing. During my manicure I had to ask her to correct something she had done. No biggie though. She did it. She was very nice, knowledgable and helpful but, I'd rather stick to my own mani/pedi person . . . I suppose in a few weeks after my toe heals. I just took a shower and it hurt so bad. My other complaint is that I told her I wanted french on both which I didn't get. Toes because she forgot, even after mentioning I have had french for 20yrs. and nails because I had enough and was getting antsy. I do not feel that the Mani/Pedi service was worth $110 and not to mention they didn't really have nice pedi stations due to renovations. I wish they had offered a discount due to the lack of a relaxing spa pedi experience. I felt like the unwanted step child led through a labyrinth to an area far far away. With that said, The spa is amazing!!!

CHARISSE D, Manager at G Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and the compliments about the the G Spa. I apologize about the mani/ pedi. We do over 500 nail services a month and rarely get complaints. It is important to me that you continue to come here for all of your spa services so please call me at 860 312 4772. I would like to get a few more details. Thank you again and i promise this will not happen again!