“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was very nice, expensive but nice. I personally think I liked the MGM Grand better and it was cheaper. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was friendly. It is a great location for staying right in Foxwoods casino.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Maybe it was just this particular room, but first impressions mean a lot...
The flooring was in definite need of either replacing or a serious cleaning. Furniture was
scrathed and creaky. BOTH drains in shower AND sink drained s l o w l y..... Our view was of
nothing but other rooms and roof tops. Cable/satellite TV was spotty at best, and, if you wanted to
change channels, you had to go back to the beginning menu and start all over again. There was only the two of us, which if there was more, we would have had to order more (and bigger) towels.
On to the good stuff.... the room was clean and bed was quite comfy.

Once again, maybe it was just this room but there was nothing to give me the warm fuzzies to
want me to stay again.

Room Tip: maybe rooms with a view were in better shape than mine... go for the view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fryeburg, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 4 days for his birthday and we would highly recommend it. We had a King room with great views (see pics) and honestly did not hear any other people our entire stay! Our room was immaculate and the hotel service was excellent! We requested an extra blanket and someone was at our door within minutes! We had a non-smoking room which smelled very nice (no smoke odor at all). The rest of the hotel, lobby, etc, did have a stale smoke smell, which was unfortunate, but although we are non smokers, we would not hesitate to stay here again. The pool area was beautiful and spotless with 2 hot tubs. I didn't rate the spa because although I would have loved to have a massage, I didn't make it in there. We walked through the spa area and it was beautiful, quiet, and clean. There were plenty of restaurants and stores to walk around indoors and shop. Over all, we would highly recommend this hotel!! :=)

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room with a beautiful serene view of the rolling hills, our room was room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Camden, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just returned with my poker group from our annual Kentucky Derby weekend at Foxwoods and had wonderful time. From dining at David Burkes to a couple of rounds of golf at River Ridge, to late nights at the poker tables to afternoon hot tubs on the 9th floor spa everything was top notch with wonderful service and first class attention. There seemed to be smaller crowds especially in the restaurants and at the Derby party but all were well behaved and an upbeat mood was everywhere. One comment I would like to make and it is what prompted this review, I forgot my iphone charger in the room and called lost and found the day after getting home not really expecting a response. Not only had they found my charger but they returned it special delivery at no charge with a very nice note hoping that I had enjoyed my stay and that I would return in the future. For me that level of customer service has great significance and I value it highly. It is an indication of customer appreciation that makes the customer feels appreciated and important. Great work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel when its available a few times rooms are big, big bathrooms nice shampoo selection nice view when facing the forest good cable selection free wi fi good room service pay a little more but the french toast is big 2 could split the order

Room Tip: Highest floor for quiet with balcony have to ask to have door unlocked
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were to attend a meeting a Foxwood's Grand Pequot towers, but after reading the negative reviews on TA, I was apprehensive. True, the casino is smokey. The restaurant selection is good, rooms are clean and spacious and the view is beautiful. Veranda cafe has delicous omelets and a great view of the surrounding mountains. It is true the non smoking casino is still smokey, even though no one smokes in it. You are only a 15 minute drive from beautiful Mystic, CT and a little over an hour from Newport, RI. Providence airport is 45 minutes. Also, let me say as we were there for a small convention/meeting - the food was extremely delicious for an upscale resort. We had 3 dinners as a large group and everything was very tasty and great quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - make sure you are not facing the other tower of the resort...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in the Pequot Tower at Foxwoods many times and I always stay in the Corner Suites. The room is rather pricey but I believe it is a good value. Excellent room for a romantic getaway or have housekeeping bring in a rollout bed for the kids and you have a great room for families.

Ok now the good stuff....the Jacuzzi in the master bedroom is very nice, The master bath has a beautiful tiled shower and double vanities. The dining area has a wet bar, a wonderful glass dining table and a 40" flat screen TV, The Bedroom has a 32" flat screen that can face your bed or the jacuzzi if you prefer.

Overall I give the room a 5 out of 5 stars
Valet Service and Bell service : 5
VIP check in and check out : 5
Cedar steak house ... Food : 5 .... Service : 5
Festival Buffett .. Food 4 Service 4

Ok so why the 4 stars?
Normal check in time is 3PM and wasn't allowed in room till 4:15..... but I did stay till noon even though check out is supposed to be 11am and nothing was ever questioned

BUT I must also say that the room was VERY clean, The bed was as super comfortable and when the ladies of the room needed more shampoo....it was delivered in a matter of minutes

Would I recommend : YES

I already have my corner suite reserved for 2 nights in July....Did that at VIP check out ;-)

Enjoy and good luck

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a "standard" room so I can't review them. But if you can get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!