“Lots of fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Ottawa, Canada
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am usually reluctant to rate any hotel five stars but in my opinion this resort deserves it. I was somewhat apprehensive about staying at the Grand Pequot only because of reviews suggesting the rooms were old and tired but that wasn’t my impression at all. Traditional is a more appropriate word to use. All I can say is that everything about the resort was great including the staff, the room, the pool, fitness center, casinos, restaurants, shops and bars. It is truly a fun experience. The room was spacious, well appointed, the beds were amazing and the bathroom was large with a deep soaking tub. There were tons of dining options including a Carnegie Deli and Nathan’s kiosk. My buddy and I ate breakfast at the buffet and we were happy with it. Lots of gambling options. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Goffstown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

First of all, I'd like to comment on the phone reservation. Any time I have called Foxwoods for a reservation, I have been treated so nicely. The politeness and courtesy of the agents rank amongst the best. This is one of my favorite hotels. It is well decorated, clean and comfortable. Wifi is included along with a morning newspaper paper of your choosing. Just request it when you check in. It is in close proximity to the CT coast and Mystic Seaport and the southern coast of RI if you want to venture out and visit some beautiful beaches. The is always a favorite destination of mine and my husband's.

Room Tip: A higher floor usually gives you a view of the outlying area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsend, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been regular visitors to Foxwoods since they opened and have stayed at all of their hotels many times. The Grand Pequot is our favorite.
Quiet rooms, great pool and hot tubs, spa, near many restaurants.
Veranda, David Burkes right downstairs.
MGM may be newer, but they charge to use the indoor pool and it is a walk to the rest of the resort.

Room Tip: Any room is good, but there may be a long walk, so ask to be nearer the elevators if you have diffic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Westford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visit Foxwoods several times a year and this was our second stay at the Grand Pequot. We received a promotional email from the casino for a $99 stay. Check-in was efficient and friendly. Our room (14th floor) was very spacious with a lovely view and we saw a gorgeous sunset. We noticed the mini-fridge was not cold at all so we called for service. Maintenance was quick to respond but then told us that they are all set like that – huh? Why would they be set to not being cold?? They offered to get us ice….. We asked if they could unlock the balcony so we could put our drinks out there and also get some fresh air in the room. He said he would be right back and unlock it for us. Unfortunately, we never heard or saw him again and that was a big negative for us. Poor service at its best. We did not bother to call again and waste more time. Besides that, we loved the room, very clean, and the bed comfort and linens were awesome. The pool, fitness center, and SPA are all pluses – very clean and well equipped. Everyone else there was great. This may be our favorite Foxwoods hotel but they have all been good (we were not especially fond of MGM but that is our personal taste). Would recommend overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - Sunsets are awesome in higher rooms facing west. We asked for a room a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend to celebrate a birthday, which coincided with his business trip. Since the room was paid for, I cannot offer a fair assessment on value.

The room was a good size, clean and it felt really good to stay there. The bathroom was nice and big. The room had an air of grandeur about it.

The bed was so comfortable, and the bed linens made it even better.

Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Pequot in a corner suite in November for our anniversary. The room was AWESOME! We stayed on a Thursday night which had a MUCH lower rate than what it is on the weekends. The room was a little over 1400 square feet and very spacious and nicely decorated. We would definately go back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in the Grand Pequot Tower at Foxwoods for our anniversary. This stay completed the hat trick for us in staying at all three on-site hotels at Foxwoods - the Great Cedar, the MGM and now finally the Grand Pequot. This stay did not disappoint as we got a great rate via the text message daily deal - $59! With tax and all it came to $82 - at that price this was the best deal I have had for a Foxwoods room of this quality. The room was very spacious, immaculate, quiet and comfortable. Hotel Staff was very friendly and we had no problems checking in or otherwise. I think I like MGM Grand room the best of all three hotels in terms of how stylish and nice the room was, followed by the Pequot and then the Cedar although the Cedar is a fine hotel as well and I will certainly stay there in the future as well. For the price however, this was the first time ever that I was able to get a room in the Pequot for $59+tax and so, this deal was the best!

One of my favorite things to do at Foxwoods is go for an early morning swim in the pool on the 9th floor - it opens at 6:30 and having the hot-tub and pool to ourselves for a good half an hour was wonderful.

Dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen was very good - I highly recommend the Kung Pao Spaghetti. Breakfast the next morning was at the Festival Buffet by the Hard Rock Cafe and for the two of us it was about $23 -great selection of many different items. Everything we had was very good quality and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
4.0 of 5 stars 578 reviews

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!