“alot of money for what you get!” 3 of 5 stars

Grand Pequot Tower
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rte. 2, Mashantucket, CT 06339   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
morristown, nj
“alot of money for what you get!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

we recently stayed at the Grand Pequot Hotel, there was 4 of us and we had 2 rooms. The rooms were very nice and it was quiet. As far as the house keeping goes, I cant say that it was the cleanest place. We found used soap the in shower, they didnt have any kleenex, all we found was an empty box. I had to shake out the sheets because of human hair I found on the sheets. The tops of the counters in the bathrooms looks like they were wiped with a cloth that had some kind of residue on it, I could write my name on it. Wouldnt spend that kind of money to stay there again!!

Room Tip: check out the room before you stay there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a one bedroom suite on the 19th floor at the end of the hall on a Friday and Saturday night. The room was spacious and clean. If you reserve a suite you automatically check into the VIP office and not the front counter. Water and soda is free in the frig in your room. We have also stayed at the MGM director suite which was much smaller than the suite at the Grand Pequot Tower.

Room Tip: recommend a higher floor 19 or 20 at the end of the hall facing the trees, nice and quiet.
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I usually stay at the Grand Pequot once per year for a mini-vacation. As usual, when I arrived to check in my room was not ready. So this meant that I had to wander around the property for a hour or so until the front desk telephoned (at least they telephoned--on a previous trip they never did!).

I received a standard room on an upper floor. The room was impeccably clean and well-appointed. The marble bathroom was immaculate. I've always been fortunate to be placed on a quiet floor.

The best part of the hotel is the spa. In recent years it's become very pricey, but that's probably not surprising given the number of high rollers who stay at the property. My massage, sauna time, and gym time were great as always. The spa staff is always exceptionally nice.

The restaurant choices are fine. I usually eat lunch at the Festival Buffet, dinner at a steakhouse, and breakfast at the Veranda. The food and service are so-so with one exception. From time to time I'll grab a sandwich at the Carnegie Deli. I must say that the roasted turkey sandwich is the best that I've ever had!

Finally, I think that the resort does a great job of keeping the nonsmoking areas smoke free.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Milford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been to Foxwoods many times, but this was the first time I stayed in the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and very quiet. Bed was comfy, and the room had a refrig and coffee set up. We went during the week so the rate was much more reasonable than on the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and looking forward to going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Unlike other reviews about the Grand Pequot tower, we did not enjoy our stay. We booked two non-smoking rooms, and I requested that they be adjacent. Upon arrival, the only adjacent rooms left were in smoking. Strike 1.

When we got into the first room, it REEKED of smoke. Obviously, a smoking room should smell like cigarettes, but this scent was fresh. Something I would imagine Selma and Patty from the Simpsons would smell like. The second room wasn't as bad, so we had our toddlers stay in that one. Unfortunately, there were cigarette burns everywhere - vandalism burns. "[--] U" burned into the over-sized bureau that housed a tv that could only be watched if sitting directly in front. It stretched out about 3" and tilted about 10*, but was still enclosed in the wooden monstrosity.

Since we had two hours before our dinner reservations, I thought I'd take our kids to the pool. Sorry, no children after 6PM, regardless if there isnt even anyone in the pool! Strike 2.

There are only a few restaurants in the GP tower, one being a bowling alley, an italian place thats not open certain days, and the other a buffet (i think). Theres a steakhouse we didnt go to, but we walked the 10 minutes to Craft Steak which was excellent. This hotel is in the middle of two resorts (two trees and the MGM grand). It's connected directly to the two trees and you'll find places to eat and shop, and there's an arcade for the kids - which closes at 10, but they won't sell any more tokens after 930 - which was a tremendous let down after promising fun-time after walking allll the way back from Craft Steak @ MGM. Strike 3.

We ditched our reservation for the next two nights and headed to Mohegan Sun.

Mohegan, on the other hand is a much nicer hotel, close to all the attractions inside and has a place called Kids Quest, which my kids absolutely loved!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rahway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were nice, not as nice MGM but nice. The pool area was lovely except that there were too many unsupervised children running around. It was hard to relax and enjoy the pool. The restaurant choices were excellent. The casino choices were great. We stayed for two days and it flew by.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bedford,MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The rooms are large, it is convenient, and we did have a nice view, but it is definitely overpriced. I don't expect a carpet with several stains in a 4-diamond hotel. The complimentary in-room coffee is awful. Again, for what you pay it could be better. They are lucky that there isn't much compitition nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!