“Excellent Food! A must try for any food enthusiast.” 5 of 5 stars

39 Norwich Westerly Road, MGM Grand, Mashantucket, CT 06338
860-312-6464
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester
“Excellent Food! A must try for any food enthusiast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Went there for my birthday and it was great. The staff was very attentive and kind. They were also very informative and helpful. The food was fantastic. The kind of great food that puts the perfect ingredients to bring out the best flavors in every meal. My only gripe is that it is some what expensive. So go for the prefix meal for only 45.00. You'll receive a great three course deal which is rather cheap considering how nice the restaurant is.

Trumbull, CT
“Very Elegant, Yet Simple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

If you are expecting dishes made with many different ingredients fused together to form an exciting dish you have never had before, this is not the place for you. That being said...
Wow! Eating meat bought from a supermarket is never going to be the same. This was a Valentines Day dinner, so I decided to splurge.

We first ordered a seafood sampler appetizer. The muscles that came with the dish tasted as if they just were taken out of the ocean, yet not gritty. The Yellow fin tuna melted in my mouth and my girlfriend really liked the lobster salad that acted as a garnish on top of the lobster tail. I would recommend getting an appetizer just to sample a few different flavors you would not normally have in your everyday life.

The side dishes really are a delicious add-on to anything on the menu. We ordered the Carrots and the Rosti Potatos. Both were extremely impressive. The chef turned a simple ingredient such as carrots into a marvelous meal complement.

To fully appreciate grass fed beef (or any different grades of meat), it is recommended that you read "Food Inc" or the "Omnivores Dilemma" before coming here or else you run the risk of not understanding the differences in the upbringing of the cow, which contributes to the differences in flavors. My girlfriend got the Grass Fed Dry Aged New York Strip and I got the Wagyu New York Strip. Both were cooked perfectly, and I most certainly could tell the difference between the Grass Fed Steak and the Wagyu cut. The Wagyu had a bolder flavor and the grass fed was earthier. Both were better than any grade of meat you could buy at a supermarket.

They state at the beginning of the meal that they cook with simplicity in mind. And for their main courses, they live up to that standard. The star of the meal is the meat, and not the added ingredients. I will remember this dinner for a long time and hope to go back soon.

A few added notes, we had made reservations about two months prior and when we arrived at the door, we were promptly seated. Our waiter was a delight and we enjoyed some friendly conversation with him as he told us about his world adventures. The ambience of this place is slightly brighter than I would have wanted. I would have rather sat at the bar just to enjoy the darker setting. The acoustics are perfect, as you cannot hear anyone else’s conversation other than your own.

NYC
“Very satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I went to Craftsteak for the first time Saturday night. It was my first time at any of the Craft restaurants and it was great. I was surprised to see that at 8:45 it was not very crowded because when I called the ONLY available reservation time was 9:00. We arrived 15 minutes early and were seated immediately. Our table was fantastic. We were able to sit next to eachother on a bench type of seat rather than across from eachother on regular chairs. We shared a delicious caeser salad before our steaks. I ordered a filet mignon and my boyfriend ordered the bone in rib eye. We shared the yukon gold puree. Everything was delicious. The steaks came with a trio of sauces. I liked 2 out of the 3. The service was very good. Everything comes to you ready to be shared. The steaks are all pre-sliced, which was fine for us. I would definitely go back for another dinner. I also didn't think the price was bad. The meal before tip was just over $150.

wilsonpa
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

It is a little pricey, but the food and service is exceptional. The service is not hurried, and some might think that's not good, but to us, it was perfect. Not rushed and they let you enjoy each phase of the meal, which is what I think is a sign of a true fine dining experience. The menu always changes, as various foods are not in season at all times. You might call it customized in a way. Cooked to order, no doubt. If they have Guinea Hen on the menu it's not to be missed! And OH THOSE PARKER ROLLS!

Hamilton, Massachusetts
“Great food and vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

This place was great. My friend and I decided were at Foxwoods and decided we wanted a steakhouse for dinner. We walked around and found 3. We decided to try "Cedars" in the main Foxwoods resort. We were seated and sat down to look at the menu and wait for our waiter. We waited and waited and the menu really didn't look great at all. The waiter came and heaphazardly filled our water classes and didn't say a word. We looked at eachtoehr and new- we were going to leave. When we got up we told the waiter and, get this, he was completely understanding. (And smiled- it was if he was used to this.) Then we went over the MGM Grand and craftsteak.

craftsteak was outstanding. We were seated right away and the service was oustanding. I had the fixed price menu and my friend ate a la cart. While the prices were high (my meal was $45)- it was worth it. I really enjoyed my salad, steak, potatoes and cheesecake. Did I mention the service was good? The wine, steak, everything was great (as long as you can afford it.)