“Favorite high-end restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Favorite high-end restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My wife and I love this restaurant. I'm able to drag her to the casino and she gets a nice dinner - everyone wins! I've been here about 10 times and this is what I've learned. Everytime I don't get the filet mignon, I regret on getting the filet mignon. The bone-in sirloin is very good but the filet is just so tender. I've gotten the rib eye here as well and while it is still good, it's no better than a normal rib eye for half the price.

The potato puree is also a must! The vegetables are sometimes very good, sometimes not. The free bread is awesome as well.

I'm a bit disappointed at the recent changes at the restaurant to not offer the 3 sauces with the steak (most notably, a poignant chimichurri). They've also diluted the prix fix option on weeknights to include the marble potatoes instead of the puree and no longer including a vegatable in addition to the salad. Still, we love this place and it's worth going to for a special occasion getaway. Just know beforehand that for two people including tip and tax, you're looking at a $215 bill for 2 steaks, 2 sides (each serves 2-3) and a good bottle of wine. If you cut it down to 2 steaks, 1 side, and some ice water you can get it down to $140.

Visited November 2011

Rhode Island
“Cant believe this is Tom's restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

All I know from watching top chef is that if Tom Colicchio ate at this restaurant, he would bash the heck out of it. I am a huge fan of his so I was so excited to go there before our show at the casino. We sat down and looked at the menu, which made our jaws drop almost to the floor. I didnt care though, this was tom's restaurant and it had to be good I assumed. The waitstaff was not too friendly, which was surprising since the restaurant was not very busy. We split some appetizers among the table. We could not believe how small the portions were. They were in very small plates that were not even full. It was extremely surprising and very disappointing. Our meal came and we had to get sides since they were not inlcuded. One was a creamed spinach. Oh my goodness, when I tell you terrible, I mean terrible ! The plate it was in looked like it was from my daughtes fake kitchen set, so tiny !! The spinach was dried up and not creamy at all. Overall our meal was very disappointing and was totally shocked Tom Colicchio is even affiliated with the restaurant. I will not go back there again. So sad : ( !

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Good choice at MGM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The quality of the food and service were very good. These upscale dining options are the best thing to happen to the Casino industry!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food...big price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I took a little trip to the Foxwoods casino for his 40th birthday and decided to splurge on a great meal at Craftsteak. We have been to the one in Las Vegas and really thought the food was excellent, so figured we'd give this one much closer to home a try.

We had the small seafood tasting, two steaks, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and gnocchi. The waiter told us that they source much of their food locally, so the vegetables and seafood are all sourced locally. He was able to tell us where all of the seafood was coming from along the New England coast and the taste was incredibly delicious and fresh.

The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked. The gnocchi is a recipe from the chef's great grandmother and was like putting little clouds in your mouth. The vegetables were good and fresh tasting, but nothing over the top. Because it was my husband's birthday, they brought him out a glass of locally microbrewed beer and housemade ice cream. The flavors were peanut butter and chocolate and they were intensely flavored and creamy...absolutely delicious. The damage was about $350, but for the quality of the food and excellent service, we felt it was worth it.

You can't eat like that every day for both the sake of your wallet and your waistline, but for a special celebration, go for it!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, Connecticut
“good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

great food price is right staff very friendly and nice to dine in