“Up and Down at Foxwoods” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Attractions in Mashantucket
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Casinos & Gaming
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: Day and weekend travelers from neighboring states flock to this expansive complex, housing the world's largest casino, three high-rise hotels and numerous nongambling diversions, including movies, arcades, restaurants, shopping, spas, conference areas and a live theater featuring top entertainment.
Useful Information: Free Parking
York, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
“Up and Down at Foxwoods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I came to Foxwoods to see the MGM Grand because it hadn't been built when I last visited Foxwoods in 2006. I stopped by a player's club booth to see if I could score some free slot play, but they weren't that glad to see me, so I needn't rush back. I did spend most of my time in the MGM Grand and wasn't disappointed. The place is beautiful, and Junior's Express rapidly became my favorite haunt, whether it was cheesecake and coffee for breakfast or half a sandwich and a diet soda for supper. We had breakfast at the buffet Monday morning, but it was half an hour getting seated although there were only twenty people ahead of us. I asked a member of the staff if people were out sick and he replied "No, just the usual Monday morning understaffing." The tables were not spaced far enough apart and everyone struggled to get up and down at the table without bumping the people at the next table. We had stopped at Mohegan Sun on our way to Foxwoods and had lunch there, and there were no such problems.
I wanted to have lunch at the Foxwoods buffet the day after our breakfast disaster, but my wife suggested driving the twenty minutes back to Mohegan Sun, so that's what we did. The executives in the Foxwoods board room would do well to try a Monday morning buffet at Foxwoods and experience the deficiencies for themselves. As far as gambling goes, I won enough to keep gambling, but Foxwoods doesn't have my favorite machine, Diamond Quest, by Konami. It's the only slot that offers a top prize of one thousand free spins. They also didn't have Blackbeard's Treasure by AGS, so I felt the slot selection could have been better. Now that I've seen the MGM Grand, I don't know what would compel me to drive the six hours back to Foxwoods.

Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Troy,NY 12180
6 attraction reviews
“Great place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Foxwoods has everything... places to eat, great rooms, service with a smile, great pools, casino. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary.

Visited June 2013
pt st lucie, florida
16 attraction reviews
“Best room on our 10 day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We only stayed one night but would've liked to have stayed more. We had a one bedroom suite which was really, really nice. The furnishings were newer and the decor was plush. Huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Easy parking and very friendly staff. This was my first time here and it was as good as everyone kept telling me. We even had some luck in the casinos which made the trip all the better. I'd stay here again in a minute!

Visited May 2013
White Plains
69 attraction reviews
“The Place is GGGGRRRRRREAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The overall complex that makes up Foxwoods is just great. There is so much to do, so much to eat, so much walking. you need a week to get all around. I cannot recommend this place more. Even nite clubbing is great. What more can I say.

Visited May 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“A non-gambler”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was very impressed with the art work throughout the hotel and casino.I think the museum is fabulous so when I am thee I go to the casino for lunch and certainly there are plenty of good restaurants.