“Perfect northeast diner!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 181 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French, American
“Perfect northeast diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We googled for a breakfast place near us this morning and got this place. We couldn't be happier! Lovely, welcoming staff. Lots of locals in there but we didn't feel like we were intruding. Super clean! We had the eggs (scrambled and over easy) and they were perfect. So was the Canadian bacon and the French toast. Skip the Starbucks because they serve good, fresh ground coffee too! Don't miss this place for an amazing breakfast.

Hartford, Connecticut
“yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had pancakes, French toast, bacon and sausage. All of it was delicious!! Very good coffee also. I cant wait to go again and try lunch. Sugar pie sounds interesting.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Granby, Connecticut
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great food and service. Unique fare. Enjoyed a meal that I could not have guessed that I would try, let alone enjoy. I am of French decent and never had a meal as well prepared and great taste.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hartford County CT
“Great service and yummy breakfast platters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stopped here for a late brunch, and chose Chez Ben because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Service was fast and friendly and the food was fresh and yummy! I can see why this place gets such rave reviews.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colchester, Connecticut
“Great Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try this local diner. Hailed as an American & Canadian restaurant, it piqued my interest. It did not disappoint us. My family had a great breakfast.

I had the Breakfast Poutine, substituting ham/bacon with creton. The dish was served with scrambled eggs over home fries and creton, with Canadian cheese and gravy. Delicious!!! I am a hearty eater and would recommend getting the small portion. It comes with a side of toast, mine was rye, and filled me-up.

My kids had pancakes looking like Mickey and Minney Mouse. They were light and fluffy and tasted great (I had to sample them for myself!). They had real maple syrup, for an up charge, but it was worth it. Each came with a side of bacon and Canadian Bacon. My son says he will only eat Canadian bacon from now on.

My wife had Annie's breakfast sandwich. This was a fried egg with Canadian bacon and cheese on a hard roll. She said the egg was cooked just right and the Canadian bacon enhanced the overall sandwich.

We will come back again. Next time for lunch to try some other dishes on the menu.

My only negative comment is that the portion of the restaurant we sat in was rather chilly. I would recommend sitting in the main part of the restaurant.

Service was very good. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant.