“Great experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, French
“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

Food and staff are excellent!! When you walk in the door, you are immediately welcomed to this homey establishment. While some may think the decor needs to be updated, look around and you will find this diner is spotless!! Definitely will go back! Oh, Creton, meat pie and poutine on the menu; what a great find!!!

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This place seemed busy when we arrived on Saturday, January 14th. We waited for a couple of minutes since all the tables were taken. It was rather nice to hear French spoken by the regulars. About 15 minutes passed, and upon seeing a freeing table, I asked the girl cleaning it if we could have the booth and she said yes. We were twiddling our thumbs once we sat down as no menus were placed before us. The booth we sat in was not in great order as the area where you rest your back is peeling. They should get that fixed as it is an eyesore.

Finally, about 10 or so mins passed before an older, blond haired woman came to ask us for our orders, then realized we had no menus. A couple of minutes later, we ordered our food, which did not take a long time to come out as the waitress purposely put in our order before the order of the big group that had sat down a couple of minutes before us.

The western omelette I ordered was nicely made and tasty. The homefries were nicely seasoned. Our waitress checked on us quite a bit. On one of those times, she even reached over and wiped off a speck of food I had on my chin. That was a bit odd as it felt intrusive. I understand she was doing me a favor, but it was a bit bizarre. I can only come to the conclusion that she probably does that to her children alot, thus her force of habit.

I would like to try their other dishes, especially the "poutine" which sounds yummy. I will certainly come to Chez Ben for breakfast from now on. It seems one of the few breakfast places that actually serves a decent eat.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Get great American & Canadian food at Chez Ben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Going to Chez Ben is always a treat. The staff is friendly. The food is amazing. If you speak French, you will feel right at home here as a good portion of the staff and customers are French speaking. Chez Ben's specialty is Canadian food. What's Canadian food you ask? Poutine (fries, brown gravy, cheese), Tortiere (meat pie), Guedile (egg salad with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers on a toasted bun). Canadian bacon is always available too!
I've been to Chez Ben many times and have never been disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
Connecticut
“excellent breakfast, Best poutine around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

I was told about this restaurant and decided to go because i heard that it was very good. I gave it shot and i LOVED it. I have gone back many times and i haven't changed my opinion and don't think i ever will. The food is great, the service is fantastic, and you can't beat the prices! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, its great! Try it out!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“LOVE THIS PLACE. Only place in ct that you can get Poutine(Gavey,french fries and cheese) YUUUMMOOO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008