“Good Night Out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Coventry,Ct
“Good Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Picked the right night to go to the Red Robin, not very crowded. We were seated immediately. Within minutes the waitress, took our orders. The burgers were cooked just right and the endless fries kept on coming. Good night at the Red Robin.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Yarmouthport, MA
“Another petty corporate chain -- fun for the whole family!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

First, a personal note. When I know a restaurant has great meat, I like my burgers big, thick and rare. For several years I heard so many people rave about the Red Robin chain, so finally I tried the one in Plymouth, Massachusetts a couple of times. I liked it well enough, for the combinations were fine and the fries were excellent. OK, so the burgers weren't all that big and the kitchen was not allowed to make them too "pink." In Plymouth I recall a pleasant, knowledgeable female bartender named Alex who informed me that Red Robin actually started out as a biker bar in Seattle seventy years ago! Fast forward to 2013, and it's now a "fun," brightly-lit, loud, family-friendly place. Anyway, at its Manchester location I ordered a mixed drink for the first time at a Red Robin. It was a Dewar's Scotch on the rocks. Twice the waitress forgot to bring it, then what finally arrived was rocks with a couple of token shots of Dewar's. I went to the young bartender and politely asked her to add a little more Scotch -- only for her to tell me, "But then I'd have to charge you for a double." She asked if I wanted her to remove some ice, obviously thinking that a closer ratio between ice and Scotch would send this mixological masterpiece right over the top. I told her to forget it and sat back down. Given this petty mentality I don't intend to go back to a Red Robin anytime soon...there are bigger burgers and better drinks out there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Another boring chain...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Only 2 of the 3 burgers sent back,,go shop local this place is not the best,i think options around here are abundant...red robin dumbbb

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went during the afternoon during the week - it was not busy at all. Service was attentive but got both of our orders wrong. The appetizer was good (artichoke and spinach dip) but it came out luke warm. The burger and french dip sandwich were OK but nothing to write home about and the fries were not fully cooked. There are way too many other burger places to get a better meal so we won't be returning.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut, USA
“Great burger & great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in the mood for a quick burger around 9pm Sat night & didn't want to drive out to West Hartford from Vernon. Red Robin was a great choice. The waiter was a very picky eater & didn't eat half the menu but he was honest & gave great recommendations!
We started with the fried zucchini & each got a specialty burger. The sweet potato fries are delish & bottomless :)
No dessert or drinks for us. We will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013