“Another Positive Stay Here” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Tolland Turnpike, Manchester, CT 06042   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Gagetown, Canada
“Another Positive Stay Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I basically stop here to sleep and go. This was my second stay here and was as good or better than the first. When I checked in the owner who seems to live on site remembered me from a review I had written. I assume he reads the reviews which means he may try to correct problems. That is always a good sign. My room was again clean and simple exactly what I expected. Note that to keep costs down they keep the temperature low and it takes a few minutes to heat up the room. The heater is the older fan type and there is some highway noise. If those sounds disturb you, be aware. I will continue to use this property for my overnight stops on my way to New York. Others must think the same way it had no vacancy both times I stayed there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stratford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

When a hotel wins the name your own price contest you are paid up no matter what...in my case 12 days. I am just as pleased as I can be. The owners are super friendly. The staff is outstanding. I do not know how you could ask for a higher level of service. The temp is going down below zero but the room is toasty, the shower, toilet and sink are just fine. I have internet, a nice TV, fridge and microwave. This is better than some three star hotels I have been in. I don't mind being parked outside my door. What is luxurious about dragging bags all around a place? I am keeping this business card to call here first when I come back to the Hartford area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Boy is this place funky! Old style fill out the card registration, hardly any modern Motel administrative systems but the folks are real friendly, its cheap and clean and on this day with temperatures expected in the middle teens tonight, I was happy to stay here. Of course there is big risk with el cheapo hotels but I’d encourage you to try this one if you are in Manchester and secure enough to step out of the mainstream motel chains. They have HBO and fast, free internet connections so I don’t see the problem. True, you park outside your door which to some may be a negative but the dead bolt seemed secure to me and there were no elevators or stairs to walk up so I see it as a plus. Also, its right across the parking lot from a great Indian Restaurant called the India Kitchen. See my Yelp review elsewhere. I’d certainly stay here again and I’ll try this chain on the basis of this entirely positive experience.

Room Tip: Old style park in front of your room motel but overall an excellent value
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bernardsville, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Mike Patel and his wife were very gracious hosts, getting me extra shampoo and even showing me the room prior to checking-in. They even offered me their best option, with the king-sized bed.

I like Motor Inns. They give me the freedom to have my vehicle nearby for grabbing extra gear and dipping out for a cigarette, outside. Full cable and wi-fi.

I enjoyed the place and will definitely be back when again visiting family in the area. Very comfortable, quiet (even though next to the highway), Indian Buffet next door and safe feeling.
I didn't want the confines of a Marriott and this suited me well.

Room Tip: Next to a freeway, but very quiet. I had a corner room which was for the disabled, but did not have...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
plymouth, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2013. The owner & His wife were very friendly and accommodating, making sure the rooms were ok and that there was coffee in the lobby. The price can't be beat. Good luck finding a better deal! But, with that comes some lower expectations. The usual poor, worn linens, dusty corners, and lack of amenities in general. My room was clean enough - no bugs, no nasty stains, etc, but my colleague's room had a condom wrapper on the floor. No condom - just the wrapper, precariously perched next to the wall, clearly overlooked by the housecleaning staff. That's a biggie....no one wants to see that.

The other weird thing was that we felt a little rushed to leave. We had multiple rooms and we were each called and asked if we would be staying another night between 10:30-11am. A little strange, but not too crazy or anything.

Note that in the rooms the heat is controlled by thermostat and the air is controlled on the unit. Took me a while to figure that out, and it was impossible to find the sweet spot. It was either roasting or freezing.

To be honest, my room was fine - for the price. I would probably stay there again when traveling solo, but I could see where the condom wrapper might be a deal breaker for some travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because we had a flight out of Hartford the next morning. It's about 20-25 mins from BDL, and the cheapest we could find within that travel range. Thankfully, the room was very clean, the mattress was firm, and there wasn't much noise, even though the hotel is located to close to the highway. We arrived very late, around 1am, and the man working there was extremely nice and friendly, and checked us in quickly. The room was small, and not too pretty, but well maintained. The shower was hot and had good pressure. The heater untie room worked quickly and we stayed warm all night. No complaints for the $57 including tax that we spent. I wouldn't want to stay there for a relaxing vacation, but for a few hours sleep before a flight, it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We live in NC, but still have family in Manchester. Whenever we visit, we always stay here. The staff is unfailingly friendly, the rooms are clean, and the price is right. Over the last ten to twelve years we have stayed four or five times, without one complaint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester? Share your experiences!