“Blizzard Haven” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
East Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were planning ahead with another huge storm coming so we chose to stay at a hotel. The next day when we all woke up you couldnt even see the cars and the roads were closed down. I asked if check out time would be extended due to the circumstances and the desk clerk stated of course. We were very pleased at this great customer service.
Thanks Again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

South Windsor, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I and our toddler son stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester last week. We actually only live about 10 minutes away, but we needed a place to stay while our hardwood floors were being refinished at our house. We stayed for 4 nights.

I did quite a bit of research before booking. I am a stay at home mom and I knew that my son and I would be stuck in the hotel quite a bit, so I wanted to find a place where we'd be comfortable. I was hoping to find a place with a pool, but ultimately the price and reviews for the Baymont led me to choose it despite the lack of a pool. You really can't beat the price... it was literally half the cost of many of the other hotels in Manchester, but still seemed to have great reviews and offered a lot of amenities.

I originally reserved the most inexpensive room-- a single queen room. When we checked in, I was disappointed to see how small it was. I was especially disappointed that it did not have a table and chairs, as we were planning to eat a lot of our meals in the room. My husband called down to the front desk to inquire about a room upgrade, and they were able to move us to one of the King suites for $30/night more.

The King suite was much, much nicer. The room was at least double the size, as was the bathroom. There were two separate rooms, which worked out great for us because we could put our son to bed in his Pack & Play in the smaller room and still watch TV in the main room without disrupting him. I only wish that there was a door or curtain separating the two areas, but it wasn't a huge deal. It was nice having all of the additional space, and my son loved the big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The rooms were adequately clean, though the decor was a little dated. The bed linens were a little cheap, and the mattress was overly soft. However, all of that was about what I would expect for a hotel at this price point.

The breakfast area was well stocked, and we enjoyed the fun decor. They had all of the typical options you'd expect at a continental breakfast- bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, etc. They also had make your own waffles, which was nice. It wasn't exactly healthy food (prepackaged muffins, artificially sweetened yogurt, sugary cereals, etc.) but we made do for the time we were there.

As other reviewers said, this place is very quirky and not decorated like a typical hotel. There is all sorts of memoribilia all over the place. At first, it was distracting and a little annoying, but it grew on me. They have some fish and turtle tanks in the lobby area, which my son really enjoyed. They also have an arcade, which my little guy loved!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating... everyone we encountered that worked there seemed genuinely nice. I especially liked Brandi at the front desk... she was extremely helpful.

A few complaints I had were:
- Out of the three full days we were there, housekeeping only came once. The first day, she came by before my son and I left the room for the day. I figured she'd try to stop back to our room, but she didn't. The second day, I made sure we were out of the room earlier, but when I got back to the room to put my son down for his nap, the room still hadn't been cleaned (around 1 PM). I think she finally stopped by around 2:30, but we had to turn her away because my son was sleeping. She finally did come on the last full day we were there (we went to the aquarium and were gone for the whole day, so I'm not sure what time she came), and did a nice job... I just wish it had been cleaned the other days.

- Our freezer didn't work. The fridge worked just fine, but the attached freezer wasn't even cold! We learned this the hard way when I picked up two pints of Ben and Jerry's, only to come back to ice cream soup a few hours later. We told the front desk and they sent someone up hours later, but again it was during my son's nap time so we couldn't let him in. The issue was never resolved during the rest of our stay. Hopefully they will fix it before the next guests stay in that room!

- Noise. We didn't hear much hallway noise or noise from the surrounding rooms, but one night I could hear literally every movement being made in the room directly above us. It was around midnight, so it was especially annoying. It sounded like elephants were walking around on the roof. So be prepared to potentially lose some sleep if you have noisy upstairs neighbors!

Overall, we had a good experience at the Baymont Inn. Despite the few complaints I had, I would stay here again if I needed a place to stay in the area. The location is great, the staff is friendly, the place is clean, and they offer a lot of amenities for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: If you can afford the King suites, go for it.... they are much nicer than the basic rooms. It was al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Comfy bed, clean rooms (including bathrooms), friendly and helpful staff, well stocked vending machines, cool fish tanks in the lobby, cool memorabilia all over the place, a great location that is close to the highway and to a variety of restaurants and stores ..... I can't wait to stay here again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable Consistently stay year after year. Ten stars would be a better rating for me I've been to many hotels that have dirty carpets stained furniture and not so pretty bathrooms. Baymont inn is just right. Clean Clean Clean and great breakfast too!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Family owned and operated. Laurie and Simon Hessler strive to provide their guests with a home-like feeling by offering comfortable and clean accommodations that are typically only found at smaller inns and B&Bs. Most of the staff have been there for years and are very friendly and helpful. Fun and interesting musical decor adorns the walls of this hotel's cozy cafe and lounge. They offer great variety in the FREE continental breakfast each morning.The made fresh to order Belgian waffles are yummy! Very budget friendly and conveniently located. One of my favorite away-from-home places to stay.

Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been staying here every year for the last 7 years. The staff is friendly and helpfull. The rooms are recently upgraded. Wonderful continental breakfast with lots of healthy choices, fresh furit, yogurt ect. Rooms are clean and an EXCELLENT value for the money. It's like coming home every year for us, many of the employees have been there since we have been coming.
Also love the decorations!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford? Share your experiences!