“Way to hot!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
US
“Way to hot!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several time over the last two years and things have gone from great to horrible. (Looks like all new managers and front desk staff) On my last visit had to switch rooms three times becasue I had no Air conditioning. The housekeeper told me they have had problems for a long time with them. After three nights and three rooms I finally left the hotel. I am still waiting for the hotel manager to contact me like I asked. To bad I use to enjoy staying here but will now go to the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

My daughter and I stayed one night, while visiting UConn. We were very pleased with the stay. Very friendly reception; huge, comfortable 2 bedroom suite (with great beds); great location with plenty of dining and shopping options (mall is 1/2 mile down the road); and very good breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

I checked into this hotel after leaving another hotel in the area. What a difference. This hotel is beautiful adn the staff is out of this world. I came in without a reservation and explained my situation to the front desk. They were great and help me right away in getting a room and getting settled. The rooms look brand new (the front desk said they had recently completed a renovation and it shows!!!) and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was great and the two lovely ladies were so friendly and helpful. I look forward to returning to this hotel in the near future and would recommend this to anyone traveling to the area. Thank you to the hotel and staff for turning my bad trip into a great one.

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel many times and love it. The staff is wonderful and are always willing to go out of their way to help you. They just got in all new beds and are extremely comfortable. The breakfast is great and add a lot to your stay. (Breakfast at a restaurant for a family of 4 can get costly) The rooms are clean and very big!

We look forward to our next visit to the area.

• Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

Booked this hotel through Priceline ($40), stayed 1 night.
We had requested a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room. The staff who checked us in was a new employee (as she told us she'd only worked there for 2 weeks) and she admitted that she did not know which rooms were smoking, and which were not. She was very prompt to fix the problem and was very appologetic for the problem in the 1st place.
The room was a decent size and was clean. The room also had a full kitchen with dishwasher and stovetop. They provided complementary microwave popcorn, and also offer to do your grocery shopping, complementary, for you (we did not participate with this service). There are multiple stores and a mall within a 2 minute drive from the hotel.
I slept on the pull out sofa bed, and found that it wasn't too uncomfortable (as a lot of sofa beds are).
The free continental breakfast was also great. You can make your own waffles, and they also provide scrambled eggs, potatoe hashbrowns, and sausage patties. There were muffins/toast/bagels/donuts and cereal.
The staff were all great. The breakfast staff asked us a number of times if there was anything they could do and making sure we were doing fine preparing our breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel. We got a great deal through priceline that made the stay even better.

• Stayed August 2005
suburbs fof New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2005

I stayed at this hotel in May 2005 while in the Hartford area on family business. This is a basic place and was able to accomodate three of us in a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and the facility was pleasant.

The beds had the thinnest mattresses I have seen since being a 14 year old at boy scout camp. I could not imagine a mattress being made this thin.

IN hindsight, I paid $179 for a 2 bedroom suite, when probably I should have just rented two rooms at a nearby hotel for the same proce with better mattresses.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2005

I was very surprised to read the review in which the gentlemen said "do not stay at this hotel." Everyone has an opinion and I would disagree. I am a frequent traveler to Hartford and always stay at this hotel. The staff were very considerate to our needs each time. We did experience noise from people above us on one occassion. I reported it to the front desk and it was handled promptly. As mentioned everyone has an opinion and I would have to say "give this hotel a try" you won't be disappointed. You will encounter problems wherever you lay your head, but if the staff is top notch it makes all the difference.

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!