“Best Hotel in the Hartfrod Area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Manchester
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Hotel in the Hartfrod Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel many times and love it. The staff is wonderful and are always willing to go out of their way to help you. They just got in all new beds and are extremely comfortable. The breakfast is great and add a lot to your stay. (Breakfast at a restaurant for a family of 4 can get costly) The rooms are clean and very big!

We look forward to our next visit to the area.

• Stayed October 2005

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

Booked this hotel through Priceline ($40), stayed 1 night.
We had requested a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room. The staff who checked us in was a new employee (as she told us she'd only worked there for 2 weeks) and she admitted that she did not know which rooms were smoking, and which were not. She was very prompt to fix the problem and was very appologetic for the problem in the 1st place.
The room was a decent size and was clean. The room also had a full kitchen with dishwasher and stovetop. They provided complementary microwave popcorn, and also offer to do your grocery shopping, complementary, for you (we did not participate with this service). There are multiple stores and a mall within a 2 minute drive from the hotel.
I slept on the pull out sofa bed, and found that it wasn't too uncomfortable (as a lot of sofa beds are).
The free continental breakfast was also great. You can make your own waffles, and they also provide scrambled eggs, potatoe hashbrowns, and sausage patties. There were muffins/toast/bagels/donuts and cereal.
The staff were all great. The breakfast staff asked us a number of times if there was anything they could do and making sure we were doing fine preparing our breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel. We got a great deal through priceline that made the stay even better.

• Stayed August 2005
suburbs fof New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2005

I stayed at this hotel in May 2005 while in the Hartford area on family business. This is a basic place and was able to accomodate three of us in a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and the facility was pleasant.

The beds had the thinnest mattresses I have seen since being a 14 year old at boy scout camp. I could not imagine a mattress being made this thin.

IN hindsight, I paid $179 for a 2 bedroom suite, when probably I should have just rented two rooms at a nearby hotel for the same proce with better mattresses.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2005

I was very surprised to read the review in which the gentlemen said "do not stay at this hotel." Everyone has an opinion and I would disagree. I am a frequent traveler to Hartford and always stay at this hotel. The staff were very considerate to our needs each time. We did experience noise from people above us on one occassion. I reported it to the front desk and it was handled promptly. As mentioned everyone has an opinion and I would have to say "give this hotel a try" you won't be disappointed. You will encounter problems wherever you lay your head, but if the staff is top notch it makes all the difference.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2004

I by all means tell you right now not to stay in this hotel!! As far as hotels in the Hartford area that have two bedrooms per room, this is the only one I can find. The price is great and so is the space.

However, we ended up having to purchase ear plugs (seriously) to block whatever noise was going on! There was a booming sound all throughout our week's stay. We are a family of three and enjoy spacious accomodations -- i.e. 2 different bedrooms, a kitchen, 2 baths, living room, etc. and the Residence Inn has that -- but it is certainly worth staying in a different hotel without those accomodations at to avoid this annoyance.

We sent a letter to the management of this hotel but never received a response back. I am never staying here again, and I recommend no one else does.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2003

The rooms were clean, nice and big. Great if you have kids. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. Our only gripe was that the walls seemed to be made out of tissue paper. We listened to our neighbors fighting on one side and TV blaring on the other side.

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!