“Amazing selection and quality Japanese buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 163 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Japanese
Hartford, Connecticut
“Amazing selection and quality Japanese buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I met my friend at Misaki Japanese Buffet for lunch after he had suggested it because I didn't even know it was there and he had made several visits. I am usually leary of buffet style foods but I was amazed and very impressed with the selection , taste and quality of food available. I started with 6 different pieces of sushi with different sauces to dip and several other different items. I wanted to try them all but I figured I'll be back next week and I didn't want to fill up only on sushi. Then I tried many different types of cooked dishes including a variety of shrimp, crab and chicken dishes, vegetables, mussels and finished with some selections of cake and ice cream and had to stop here because I was full. I didn't even get to try the hibachi station this time but I will next week. I will try this again next week and the week after. It's just too good to pass up. I would very much suggest this restaurant to anyone who wants a large variety of tastes excellently prepared and no matter what your appetite is you will be satisfied. Prices vary depending on lunch, dinner, weekday or weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hartfor Ct
“Big bang for the buck and yummy too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

As always the staff is very pleasant. The array and quality is quiet mouth watering. The presentation and cleaniness is what one would expect from a higher end restaurant. The only thing dissapointing is that they do not have a location in the Farminton West Hartford area, for if they did hands down they would make a killing and I would be much bigger than I need to be.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“OK food. Shady owner.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We went to Misaki Japanese Buffet on Saturday, May 8th. 2010. We didn’t get there until 2:55pm. And this place closes at 3:30pm. We went in and the owners’ pictures were right on the wall.

Right after we went in, they closed the hibachi section and there were not a lot of buffet dishes left. Several trays were actually empty. I know that we went in there around 3pm and they close at 3:30pm, but you have to have food for your customers since there are still 30 minutes left. I asked a waitress if they would refill those trays, and she said no. So we could only eat some leftovers with very few options. Basically, there were no fish, shrimps, or Oysters, and it was advertised as a “Seafood buffet” restaurant.

Around 15 minutes later, a few chef-dressed people came out of kitchen and took away fried chicken, etc for their lunch. We really didn’t have much hot dishes to eat after that.
Of course we were not happy, so I asked to speak to the owner. What happened next was amazing. One waitress went to speak to a chef-dressed person and came back to tell us that “the owner just took his kids to school”, so we just missed him. (Right, taking kids to school on Saturday around 3:30pm). I told the waitress to call him and I can speak to him on the phone. First, she said that she didn’t have his No. . And a couple minutes later, the chef-dressed person actually showed up at our table. He was the guy in those pictures on the wall. So he was the owner and he didn’t really take his kids to school. So he told his employee to lie in our face.

At that point, I didn’t think this guy came to our table to comfort his customers based on what he just did. He basically said that it was out fault that we came in right before 3pm and it was BS that we were not happy about it. (He actually said it was BS).

That was not how you treat your customers by lying in their faces and not giving a darn about the bad services you provided. I don’t think we will ever go back to that place again, and stay away if you don’t want to deal with dishonest people.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Amazing Japanese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

This restaurant is a must if in the Greater Hartford or Glastonbury, South Windsor, Manchester area. I was stunned by the huge selection of food including excellent sushi and hibachi as well as large amounts of seafood. I later found out that this is the first and only Japanese buffet in Connecticut!