“Best burgers in Manchester” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best burgers in Manchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The burger topping selections are vast and some seem unusual but these folks know what their doing so don't be afraid to experiment a little. Its a pub atmosphere which matches the menu perfectly, casual and fun. The only caution I have is for lone diners . . . think twice about ordering a side of fries if you are a member of the clean plate club as the servings are huge - although worth it!

Visited January 2013

80% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Catsup needs to catch-up on service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Now, maybe I am wrong in thinking that I should not have to wait 40 min for a table on a Saturday night on Main st in Manchester CT for a burger and sandwich joint. Is all this hoopla because of that bleach blonde rinsed spikey haired caricature Guy dined here? Apparently, since they are playing the clip of his show when he came here on a loop. Who can blame them? I certainly have not been reviewed on a nationally broadcast tv show, so who am I to knock it, right? Well, what I will say is the hype did not live up to my experience, both in the service and food quality departments. Look, it is quite simple. You make people wait an hour for a table; you make up for it with a smile on your face and apologetic tone when taking my order. I felt like the waitress was rushing us and also as if we were the last thing on her mind. I get it, you have other things to worry about, but honey last time I checked you work for tips and these tips are only going to help you become what you will one day aim to become, so rock a smile and get a grip on this reality.

I ordered the beef brisket sandwich, a gooey sweet bbq glazed delight, but the buttered toast bread was a bit much. The fries and o ring combo was bland and uneventful. It was the eve of St Patty’s Day so I can give a certain leeway but when one of our party is waiting for her sweet potato fries for a while and the waitress comes back with “it’s just going to be a little longer, I gave your fries to another table and they already ate them,” it is a little infuriating. What you mean is you screwed up and now you are refusing to even show remorse by offering to comp something. This is the type of deal that sets me off and can ruin an entire experience. So, there you have it. I would not come here again for a weekend dinner. Lunch on a random Tuesday, perhaps. But Corey best teach his staff better service or stop the pretense and spell ketchup how simple way.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Best burgers ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I went here last night (2-28-13) and as always were so impressed. I got a burger called the "weck" burger and it was so delicious. I didn't even care that I was being messy. The burger was huge but I still ate the entire thing. My son got a traditional and he also ate the whole thing (and he's only 9 and a picky eater)! We love going to this restaurant and the prices are so reasonable! As much as we love going here the hostess is not very friendly and we actually saw three families walk out because no one ever addressed them. Other than that this place is spectacular and would've gotten five if it wasn't for the hostess never being at her station.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“Delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow, does this place know how to make burgers or what? On a recent trip to Connecticut we decided to stop in cause of all the positive ratings and the place was featured on Triple D with Guy Fieri.
We arrived later than we had expected on a Friday night but the hostess was cheerful and accurate with the wait time.
My husband enjoyed the deviled eggs which you don't see often as an appetizer. My son and niece had the Brisket Cheese Waffle fries a meal in itself.
For an entree I had Auntie Laurie's burger, my son had the Rodeo on a pretzel bun, hubby had the Fiesta Chicken and finally my niece had the Texas Toast Club. All if the entrees were very good and fresh.
The menu has a nice variety and the prices are very reasonable....we are from New York and are used to paying more for the same type of fare.
Go if you can....you will be glad you did!

“THE Burger Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here on a friend's recommendation and I was not in the least disappointed. I had the best burger of my life. It was light and fluffy (didn't know that was possible with meat) and it had great flavor. There were so mamy combo possibilities for burgers and many types of fries, almost hard to decide. Excellent place for the burger lover! I am looking forward to my next visit. My tip would be to get there for an early lunch right when they open because I noticed the line to get seated started within the 1/2 hour after they opened.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere