“Best local bagels, super fresh spreads” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Madison
Madison, Connecticut
“Best local bagels, super fresh spreads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

For what it is Cohen's simply can't be beat. My family and I stop by occasionally on weekends and we get freshly made bagels with ham, eggs and cheese and it is superb. We take it to go but there are seats. I had lunch there once and the lettuce and tomato were cold and crisp and the roast beef was excellent. The trick is the bagels which are hands-down the best in town.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Always Gives To The community”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love the coffee because it is fresh and very smooth. The coffee along with the other food items are fresh. Barb, Maria, and Donovan are members of the staff who are always courteous. This local bagel shop ALWAYS donates bagels to the various running events. I have no problem supporting a business who gives back to the community. A peaceful place to eat and talk.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Wasn't impressed with the menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch to bring to the beach while visiting Madison for the day.I was expecting more sandwiches as my local bagel shop is also a deli. Finally decided on the cashew chicken salad on focaccia. It was good but the rest of our party had bagels and didn't finish them because they didn't like them. Sorry but we live too close to NY so we are spoiled by great bagels and deli's!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Connecticut
“Great bagels, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been going to Cohens Bagels in Madison since they opened. I have always enjoyed their lox sandwich and their bagels to go. I find it very odd and annoying that they have one checkout for everyone whether you want a cup of coffee or you are placing a catering order. My friends have echoed my thoughts and I find it hard to frequent Cohens. They have wonderful products but they lack in customer service and counter courtesy. This place would be a gold mine if they made the changes at the register'

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Connecticut, United States
“Lox Rocks at Cohen's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

LOVE Cohen's! Amazing bagels and menu! My ultimate fav, Lox and Cream Cheese- holy amazing. I also love that most every event I attend on the shore line - Cohen's doesn't hesitate to donate product which is so generous. A big heart and amazing food- can't go wrong!

Visited September 2012