“Clap your hands for the belly clams” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Madison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Torrington, Connecticut
“Clap your hands for the belly clams”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

So many places overcook whole bellies. These were tender and perfectly fried with no oily taste. Very little atmosphere, it's all about the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Hampton, CT
“Fresh Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We loe Lenny and Joe's anytime of the year. The fish is so fresh, everything is delicious,
and the price is fair. Love It Love it Love it there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CONNECTICUT
“Real Seafood Dining !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a lively, family friendly, casual ,sit down, very good seafood restaurant in Madison , Ct. Service was fast and friendly. The fried oysters and sea scallops were done perfectly. My only complaint (and not much of one) would be that the shrimp my Grandson had, tasty "fishy" and my son's butter for his hot lobster roll was "drawn" . We like the real butter as it is , melted but in it;s entirety, not filtered. You seafood lover's know what I mean I'm sure. Just ask though as we did and they will gladly bring you whole melted butter. If you want a tee shirt or baseball cap souvenir they are nice quality and only 6.50 !! You can't beat that !! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Oysters were my favorite ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped here on accident and then figured out it was a well known restaurant. Lots of fried fish on the menu. We ordered oysters which were huge and juicy with a little salt and well some of the best I have ever had. The only problem is we asked our server and they didn't know what kind they were. So since who ever walks past you is your server we asked 4 different servers and no one knew what type of oysters they were...kind of strange to me as we were raving about them.
Our fried fish sandwich was good and it is obvious that they change the oil frequently. The french fries were also very good much for the same reason. My crab cake sandwich was good, not great.
Order the oysters. Buy a t-shirt its worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, Connecticut
“Best Whole Bellied Clams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Right....No table service....right....prices are up...(they are up all over, and in supermarkets all over), but if you like whole bellied clams come here. My husband and I order a cup of chowder each or a salad, and we share a "super sized" clam dinner. It's plenty for two if you like to splurge, without consuming too many calories. We always stop here when we are in the area on our outlet shopping trips. In the summer, bring the kids, eat outside and have ice cream for dessert. Tasty, consistent, and delicious for great beach food.

• Visited January 2013