“Exquisite all around” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Litchfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Exquisite all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, ambiance, and staff. While passing through Litchfield on our way to Hartford, my wife and I stopped at the west street grill for lunch. My wife had the tempura tofu,and I had the pulled short rib sandwich. Both meals were delectable and our waitress could not have been any more pleasant, I would return every day of the week if my wife would let me.

-Mike and Amanda H.

Redding, Connecticut
“What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

An absolutely fantastic dining experience was had by my wife and I on a recent trip thru Litchfield. We stopped for Lunch at the West Street Grill and were happy we did. From the courteous staff, and especially owner James O'Shea, we felt welcomed.
The food was fantastic, the right amount, and worth the tariff. The restaurant itself was quite nice for an old building in the middle of town, and most importanatly it was immaculately clean.
The staff was courteous and very helpful even wth directions to various locations in Litchfield County.
Our thanks to James and his entire team for making our luncheon experience one we won't soon forget. Suggest you try it soon.
RICH and MARY
Redding, CT

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“" Top Chef" Quality all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband, myself and our family have been eating at West Street for at least 10 years. It is an upscale, trendy spot with a good casual vibe. We enjoy both lunch and dinner there. The staff has always been extremely attentive,passionate and very knowledgable. We never find ourselves with out anything for more than a few seconds.
We enjoy the "standards" on the menu such as braised short ribs. The beauty is the accompaniments are ever changing. All ingredients are local, therefore complimenting each season beautifully. Today, I had the beet, pear and ginger soup. Outstanding! The presentation was exquisite and the favors were unparalleled!
I have no idea what the price of everything was. We enjoy "top chef" quality food, a diverse wine list and attentive service. There are not many resturants around that get creative with favors and avoid the same old boring foods.
The owners have always been gracious and appreciative of our business.
I you want a refined, no fuss dining experience, visit West Street!
If you are looking to nit pick prices of bread and water and want discount prices, go to Chili's!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“The place where locals go to gossip, see and be seen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A well known watering place, simple food properly cooked and served by an attentive staff. Don't aspect fantastic offerings, but you will not be disapointed with the simple well done things they can produce.

Visited February 2013
Granby, Connecticut
“We'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We drove from Granby to visit the West Street Grill, which we had learned about a few years ago from a show called "Eating Connecticut." The atmosphere is cozy and a bit noisy, which is great for having your own conversation. Our food was perfectly cooked (steak and scallops). There was one minor issue with a garnishing sauce that when pointed out was handled to our satisfaction. The owners are friendly as was the staff. We will be back to try more of the amazing food - oh, the Banoffee pie is a must!!

• Visited February 2013