“beautiful B and B clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lonesome Dove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Lonesome Dove Bed and Breakfast
You added Lonesome Dove Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
332 South Burnham Highway, Lisbon, CT 06351   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Bay Shore, New York
“beautiful B and B clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just spent 2 nights here...Its so pretty - great hostess and owner Ruth gave much attention to detail..helped a lot with attractions. Its so clean , comfy and accomodating. BIG breakfast I had eggs,bacon,blue berry pancakes juice coffee and of course a helping of fresh fruit and yogurt....You will love this place..close to Mystic, Mohegan sun, Stonington, and New London..lots to do..I will definately come back...I had the suite , big bed soooo comfy , terrace and whirlpool bath....
try it...youll like it......

Room Tip: all 3 rooms are great but for a few dollars more ask for the SUITE, which I described above.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great Inn! Ruth and Leo, who owns the inn are wonderful couple. They were extra kind and helpful. They made us felt like at home! The place is very beautiful, the rooms are lovely and Lisbon is a beautiful small town that helps to get the feeling of the state. The breakfast was great and we had a lovely time there. We felt sorry we only had one night. Can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent location for a weekend away for site seeing, romance or even some gambling. We had a great room, loved the fire place inside. Ruth is very welcoming. You get more for your $$ here than any other hotel I've ever stayed at. It was my boyfriends birthday and Ruth had gotten a small cake for him which was in the room when we got there!! Can not wait to go back. Amanda and Joe

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornwall, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at the Lonesome dove. Leo and Ruth are gracious hosts. Our room was warm and inviting. We would gladly return again. We sat out on our balcony and just enjoyed the quiet, and sounds of nature. The grounds are amazing..Recommended for a quiet romantic getaway....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

These are the friendliest B and B owners I've ever come across! We were going to a concert at Mohegan Sun and needed a place to stay over. The reviews for this place were great, and I concur! King bed was super comfortable. Complimentary beer, wine and snack in addition to breakfast. Charming house and property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were referred here by another bed-and-breakfast that was full. We will definitely be back! Meticulously clean and peaceful. Much attention to detail. Food was room is romantic. I think this is the best bed-and-breakfast I've ever been to. Rick and Janette

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife, son and I stayed three nights/two days at Lonesome Dove B&B during our visit to the US Coast Guard Academy. We had a wonderful experience; for the cost of a moderately-priced motel, we experienced so much more: heartfelt hospitality; exquisite baking and cooking; clean, quiet, cozy rooms; peaceful, bucolic surroundings. All within about twenty minutes of New London and the Academy, with Mystic Seaport and other attractions not much farther away.

Arriving late in the night, we were greeted with warm brownies and chilled wine...

Ruth rendered our breakfasts with five-star flair, as we were treated to wonderful renditions of French toast, blueberry pancakes and quiche with such trimmings as locally grown fruit and maple syrup! She had my coffee waiting every morning, along with my wife's tea and son's juice. There was always more than we could eat. Ruth must be prescient, too; the morning she served her wonderful quiche, our 17-yr.-old (who believes "real men don't eat quiche") was breakfasting with the cadets. Such is her remarkable ability to accommodate guests!

As for Leo, he is a raconteur extraordinaire! Veteran submariner whose cold war exploits found him hot on the trail of the Soviet Navy, his tales of derring-do make Tom Clancy novels dull by comparison!

And the MacDonald household is equipped with a set of remarkable felines, in three sizes: small (and aloof), medium (and gregarious), ENORMOUS (and sure contender for world heavy-weight title). My wife (who is not, by the way, a "cat person") found them perfectly charming and entertaining, as did my son and I.

A glance around the MacDonald property proves Ruth is an accomplished-- indeed, certificated-- Master Gardener! The MacDonald's tastefully-furnished home is surrounded by lush arrays of flowers, shrubs and trees. Birders ourselves, we enjoyed watching the feeders every morning and evening as Ruth pointed out members of the local species for us.

The morning of our departure, Leo and Ruth checked our map, making sure we had proper directions back to the airport. Take it from me: Connecticut's Lonesome Dove B&B is a treat not to be missed! I only hope our son is appointed to the Academy; it would provide an excuse to visit the MacDonalds again!

JFB
Hays, KS

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Lonesome Dove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!