“Nice place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Ledyard
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Savor a taste of New England wine at Maugle Sierra Vineyards. Specializing in St. Croix wine, wine grapes and handcrafted wines. Meet up with Friends, Fine Wines and Enjoy beautiful Sunsets overlooking the vineyards. Live music 6 - 9 PM Friday evenings and 2 - 5 PM Sunday afternoons... The vineyard is located in Ledyard - Just minutes from Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods' MGM Grand and Mystic Village. They are open Friday - Sunday year-round. Be sure to try one of their wines like the "Ledyard Sunset Red", the "Que Sera, Syrah" or the mouthwatering "Rendezvous". Taste three of their whites and three or their reds for just $12!
Killingworth, Connecticut
60 attraction reviews
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We have visited many wineries on the Connecticut Wine Trail. Most CT wines aren't great and these are no exception. There was a nice Chardonnay that I enjoyed and my husband liked a few of the reds. What we liked the most was patio area. We purchased a bottle of the Chardonnay and listened to the music for an hour or so. Our tasting was a bit rushed but they don't have many wines to taste- hence, a rapid tasting. We didn't finish our bottle and they corked it and packaged it to bring home. We are planning on returning.

Lewiston, Maine
“Anniversary Wine Tasting Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I visited the vineyard on our anniversary. We enjoyed learning about the many wines as well as tasting them. Loved the rustic feel of the tasting room and our host was very friendly.

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
4 attraction reviews
“good wine!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Enjoyed tasting each bottle of wine. All was good, but I felt like I was being rushed to taste it all. After each sip, I would've liked to been able to savor the tastes. Instead I was bombarded with the next sip and what I would expect to taste from it... she also spoke very quickly so I hardly knew what she was saying anyway! Every sip of wine has intricate details that take your taste buds a minute to catch up... the minute was hardly given. Also, it would've been nice to have a little soft music or something to listen too while enjoying a bottle on the deck. Still, the wine was good and the grounds were beautiful!

Stamford, Connecticut
“Great live entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am not a wine drinker, but my husband is and likes the wines at this vineyard. We love listening to Tony and Frankie. They are fantastic, engaging, talented and really keep the party going. Would recommend a visit when they are scheduled to play.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Disastorous start to the trail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I came down to eastern CT with my girlfriend this weekend and we decided to do the wine trail. Our friends all told us how great the trail is and we thought we would start at maugle sierra. I can say this is one of the worst experiences I have had at a winery. The wines were terrible, which I would have tolerated had the glasses not been so dirty. The worst part however was how rude the staff was. I would definitely say do not go here for your date!

Visited May 2013