“Nice Recovery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeville
United States
“Nice Recovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

My wife booked a getaway for our anniversary and upon arrival our room was not ready. Not a very good start and on top of that the front desk was not very helpful. Once our room was ready we needed help with our luggage and a young man named Geoff helped us bring our luggage, after waiting an hour for our room. When we got to the room the room was not cleaned, after the one hour wait in the lobby. At this point we were ready to leave but Geoff said he would run back to the desk and figure something out. We were ready to leave but he got us a room just down the hall from the original dirty room. The rest of the stay was very pleasing for us. Geoff asked us how our stay was going the next day and several other occasions to see if there was anything we needed or anything that he could do for us to make our stay better. He was very friendly and even made a dinner reservation for us at an excellent restaurant. The property is absolutely beautiful and my wife and I ended up loving our overall stay, even though it was a rough start and we would recommend it to our friends. If you stay at the Interlaken Inn try to find Geoff and there is no way you will have a bad stay, even if you check into a dirty room!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

This is the second time that our family has spent a long weekend at The Interlaken Hotel. We are a very large family of 34 people including 18 kids. Thanks to a young gentleman called Geoff Carlson, our stay at the hotel was amazing. He arranged for our families to have dinner reservations at nearby restaurants. Geoff really went out of his way to make our stay excellent.

Thank you!!!

• Liked — The lake
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
madoglover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

This was our family's second time around at the Interlaken Inn for a reunion. We had several rooms in the main inn and also a few townhouses. The split-level suite is fantastic if you need more room than a standard-sized hotel room.
The pool is small but perfect for young kids. We enjoyed boating in the lake.
The staff was very accommodating, especially Geoff, who was exceptionally friendly. He really went out of his way to help us when we needed extra bedding and a few other things for the room, and provided advice about local dining. The kids want to go back again!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I am addicted to Trip Advisor. I spend hours reading people's reviews hoping to get a better picture of the hotel I may book. So when I read Interlaken's reviews, I have to admit I had mixed feelings due to some bad reviews. But that was TOTALLY put to rest, as my four day stay at Interlaken was just GREAT!

Sue, in reservations, booked our stay, and was really nice and sweet.

Make sure when you book to tell them if you have AAA. If you do, you get FREE BREAKFAST!

We stayed in Woodside room 143... totally quaint, basic, clean and QUIET. SO QUIET. NO ROAD TRAFFIC AT ALL. The ONLY complaint I have is that the actual doors to the rooms are a little loud and bangy, so you hear people coming and going, but the air conditioners are LOUD, which is GREAT.

We brought our DOG, this is a dog friendly resort- and it's why we chose the Interlaken in the first place. HUGE GREEN AREA for her to run around, she got free dog treats and poop bags from the front desk and everyone loved her.

We got there on a wednesday and it was DEAD.. which we LOVED. we played Tennis twice and Never had a wait because NO ON else played. We swam in the pool and NO ONE else was there. The Breakfast was fast and we never waited for a table. We always had a parking space and the walk to the lake was nice. Though, be warned that the lake is across the road and down a nice long driveway. There were canoes and kayaks and lawn chairs. Very basic, but nice enough.

Everyone that worked there was GREAT. They also have a computer room to check your email and print things out.

NEITHER OF OUR CELL PHONES HAD RECEPTION while we were there.. I have T-mobile and Verizon. WE LOVED THIS, but i can see how others would freak out about it. We drove to nearby Millerton, NY and had reception just fine.

Speaking of, the surrounding areas are AMAZING... THe Hotchkiss School is right up the block and we walked our dog there everyday.. SUCH AMAZING VIEWS of the lake. Gorgeous school. And Millerton, NY is the COOLEST TOWN. Its just a charming, nice unpretentious town. Cool shops. We saw a movie and were the ONLY ones in the theatre. AWESOME.

All in all, it was a GREAT TRip. We are from New York City and just needed a QUIET place to SEE GREEN and play with our dog. Nothing fancy, but just lovely.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Door slamming
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Milford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We won the romantic getaway package from a school auction. It was our 10 year anniversary so we wanted to get away plus bidding on this package benefited my daughter's school.

We upgraded to the honneymoon VIP suite in Woodside. We were thinking why not, it's our 10 year and we would have spent the same amount somewhere else if not more.

Excited as we were, being away for the night ( 4 daughters). My wife first saw the chocolate covered strawberries that I ordered and the fruit and cheese platter. Very disappointed with the cheese platter, we paid $ 26 and there was one strand of grapes and two pieces of mango and three types of cheese. Not presented well at all. We then walked outdoors to our own patio that was fenced in with a jacuzzi which was nice but only to see the patio was not swept or clean. The table and chairs were covered in pollen including the two chairs on the front porch The exterior needed be touched up a bit with paint as it looked run downed. Oh well, not a big deal as we cleaned off a couple of chairs and wiped the table off.

We then decided to get into the juccuzzi and thank god we put on our bathing suites because the fenced door opened up and the maintanence man comes through the door without warning or notice. Thank God we brought bathing suites or it would have been a little embarrising.

I then took a shower in their marble bathroom and the double wide shower withdual shower heads. It was nice but the problem here was the drain couldn't keep up with both shower heads so I was standing in a puddle and the water started to overflow out into the bathroom.

When we checked in, the front desk said to make sure you make a reservation for dinner which we did later in the afternoon for 7:30 pm only to find when we arrived the resturaunt was empty and we were the first ones for dinner. The food however was great and the service was excellent.

When we went to bed but can hear the TV through the wall and hear the man next door snoring so the walls seemed very thin

Breakfast was served until 10:30 am the following morning and we arrived about 10:00. We sat down and a waitress took our drink order and we proceeded to the buffet.There was no one to make your omlette so we had to ask for help and the chef ( not friendly at all ) came out to cook the omlettes, the chef of so little words. We sat down and we still didn't have our beverages. A second waitress came over and asked if we would like something to drink and we explained we already ordered our drinks about 15 minutes ago. The waitress took the order again and she came right back with our drinks I found it odd they didn't have the usual beverages included in the buffett especiialy when your paying $15 per person.

The about 10:25-10:30. Without asking if we were finished, the waiters and waitress's started clearing the buffett and taking the food away. One waitress came by our table and just dropped off the bill without saying one word and walked away. During breakfast, not once did someone come back to the table to ask if we would like more coffee.

This was very poor service and it seemed we were a bother to the staff for being there, we felt rushed. We complained to the front desk about the break

We then checked out and mentioned what happened during breakfast and we did receive two complimentary drinks coupons for our trouble. The desk employee said that was horrible customer service but please take note that they were expecting 30 reservations for Mother's Day but still isn't an excuse for the poor customer service.

I do not plan on coming back

• Liked — Own private patio and suite
  • Disliked — Customer service and the amount of money you pay for the night, you don't have this warm inviting feeling
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
InterlakenManagement, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2008
Our apologies for the unfortunate events that happened to this Guest. A simple solution would have been for them to notify us immediately so we could rectify any issues they were having. We absolutely agree that every Guestroom should be in tip-top condition when our Guests arrive. I am unsure why the Guest is commenting about the fruit tray because our Reservationist made prior arrangements to put that tray in their room complimentary as it was their special anniversary.
Interlaken is always agreeable and gracious to donate certificates to local schools and other charitable events. We are a beautiful property surrounded by lakes and gardens, and we cater to over 30,000 Guests throughout the year, most of which return again and again.
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

We recently stayed for a long weekend and had a enjoyable and relaxing time which was exactly what we wanted. We had massages at the spa (the best I have had in a long time). All the staff at the hotel, spa and restaurant were very pleasant and helpful. We had dinner at Morgan's one night and that was very good. We were surprised at how much food we got. More then enough! Our only complaint is the rooms could use a little updating (we were in the Woodside) Overall, it was an nice trip.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

OK, it was February and blustery weather forbade me from seeing the beautifully grounds described here by others...and a positive 1st impression tainted when I stepped out of my car to feel my $ suede boots sink 3" deep in wet slush in the Interlaken driveway upon arrival. I found an equally chilly reception by the gentleman at the front desk when he informed me, without apology, that my room would not be ready for some time. Ugh.

An hour + later I found my way in still wet boots to a dark & lifeless, unwelcoming, room and after looking around felt grateful that my stay was just one night. Construction was going on in rooms around me and with workers banging on thin walls and hollering in the halls the nap I hoped to restore me was out of the question.

We tried the restaurant that night and must say the bartender/server was outstanding but thought the food and inn were over priced. I would rather not to stay there again, and would prefer to try other lodging when in the area next.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Atmosphere
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Interlaken Inn? Share your experiences!