“Undiscovered Gem” 5 of 5 stars

+1 800-222-2909
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Interlaken Inn/ Morgan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Lakeville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Undiscovered Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Original fine dining in the Litchfield Hills. This restaurant is housed at the Interlaken Inn.
Most, including myself, assume that these hotel restaurants are generic. Not so in this case.
Each dish is personally prepared by the gifted chef, Brandon and have always exceeded our high expectations. The atmosphere is quiet, relaxed with a fireplace to boot. The service is attentive and well trained. The wine list is reasonable.

All in all, if you are looking for a special evening, this is your place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

JC, NJ
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend getaway at the Interlaken and dined at Morgan's Restaurant. The moment we arrived we were greeted and brought to a lovely corner table by a window and overlooking the piano player My husband chose the Strip steak which was cooked to perfection. I I had a delicious sautéed Turbot served over roasted Brussels sprouts and an amazing pureed butter nut squash. When I commented on the butter nut squash the waiter invited the chef to my table to share his recipe ...I plan to make this for my Thanksgiving Celebration. The Chef was very attentive coming by to check on our meals without being intrusive.. Oh..and we ended the meal with a delightful desert of hot apple fritters with home made sour cream ice cream and a pretzel sundae Both were delicious and fun treats We had a wonderful dining experience that was accompanied by lovely music by the piano player ..I highly recommend.. you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Meadow, New York
“Fine Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Morgan's during our annual fall getaways for the past few years and are always delighted with our meals. The waitstaff is professional and friendly offering suggestions and answering questions. However, on a very quiet evening in the dining room, the waitstaff began to break down the tables at 8:00 PM, clearing off the shakers, candles, settings, etc. which made me feel a bit like it was 4AM and closing time. Also, the chef was walking around the room with some of the staff, looked right at us and offered no welcoming smile or acknowledgment of any kind. Since we were only one of two tables occupied, it would have been a nice gesture. The kitchen did send out two cookies with our check which was lovely, but a warm smile or even a nod goes a long way.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Morgan's restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have dinned at this restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lunches are probably the best choice. Breakfast is hard to not do well but when the person making the omelets over cooks, or under cooks as what happened to me, it makes you wonder. Dinner was not very good, as the steak I ordered was full of gristle, tuff and over cooked. My associates fish was under cooked. Most of the staff was foreign, slightly difficult to understand but were attentive.

White River Junction, Vermont
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

See my Interlaken Inn review and you'll see my thoughts on Morgans Restaurant. We loved the detail in the food preparation, the efficiency of the waitstaff, and the length of the wine list.