“The friendly Yanks and the Food .......WOW !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Kitongo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Vegetarian, Continental
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Papa's Cafe is an Itlain restaurant located on the white sandy beaches of Lake Victoria, located about 45 minutes outside of Mwanza. Papa's is a training facility for JBFC girls. JBFC is an NGO aiming at alleviating extreme rural poverty through refuge and rescue of orphaned and abandoned girls, quality education in the rural settings, economic development through farming and livestock projects, and providing healthcare to those who have limited access. All profit and tips go to support the members of JBFC. Papa's offers delicious char-grilled pizzas, fresh bruschetta, grilled chicken and steak, and other items. The beach offers a great place for weekend get aways, over night camping, luxury bungalows, or large private parties.
London, United Kingdom
“The friendly Yanks and the Food .......WOW !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have pushed people out of Mwanza to experience "LIttle Paradise"..Papa's. Its all good work that the team do to help fund the fabulous project of the school they run nearby.

I would recommend any one wanting a different ,right on the beach "Hawiaan " experience ...try Papa's. I will soon be supplying Grass Skirts especially for Chris and George !!!! That should just about complete the scene.

• Visited January 2013

Kiabakari
“Little gem in Lake zone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went to Papa's Cafe yesterday, on my way back home from Mwanza to Kiabakari. Some 45 kilometers or so from Mwanza, a few kilometers off the main highway, located on the pristine Lake Victoria beach, I found a little gem which I will visit frequently whenever I have an opportunity to do so. Opened on weekends only - Friday to Sunday, it offers fantastic food in a peaceful location. I had a Supreme pizza which was the best in the lake zone area, honest. My friends who were with me, had steaks the other day which they praised a lot. I know some of my friends have booked already beach houses for New Year's Eve there, as there are two houses so far built and nicely appointed. The owners are great people, very kind and easy going, caring and smiling. I wish them all the best and thank for providing us with a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives.

• Visited October 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I stopped in on a Saturday night during our trip and had a most pleasant experience. I got the steak and my wife ordered a vegetarian pizza, which I tried a slice of and it was excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly, unlike many of the other restaurants in the area have done. The owner stopped by our table, I believe his name was Chris, and asked how our meal was and we got to hear the story of how the organization started, it was a really neat experience and a great atmosphere that is sure to please anyone. I cannot speak highly enough of Papa's. Next time we are in the area, we are definitely going to make a stop at Papa's.
I must also mention the excellent drink selection, for what we were expecting going in... We were blown away.
-Ben

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Papa's Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Papa's Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.