“Best Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Getaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kent
Club Getaway
Save Saved
You added Club Getaway to your Saves list
59 South Kent Road, Kent, CT 06757   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Kent
New York City, New York
“Best Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have to say this was one of the best 4th of July vacation I've ever had. The food is top quality, the parties, bon fires are all great. The staff members are hot! most of them are from England or Ireland. I left this getaway doing so many activities that I've never done in my life. You will be so busy having fun that you hardly see your bed, there is ALWAYS something to do and a bonus...I made so many new friends and my roommates were awesome! I miss everyone. I think i have finally found a great place to get away and have fun. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Club Getaway was an awesome little trip at a great price. We were a little skeptical the first night, but it wound up being a really good time.
When you first arrive they have you park in a lot at the entrance and a miniature little school bus (choo bus) picks you up and transports you to the main tent. The bus is crowed and small, so pack light! (you can’t bring your car up to the cabin) At the main tent lots of yummy appetizers and drinks are served while you check in. After check in, you are given a little wheel barrel type cart to transport your luggage to your cabin. The cabins are cute. They are air conditioned and have private bathrooms. We brought our own sheets and towels and I recommend doing that. The shower isn’t great, but it is definitely better than normal campsite showers. We didn’t really have a bug situation in our cabin at all. I’m not really sure what the other posts were talking about with the bug thing. Outside of course, there are as many bugs as there would be in any outdoor experience. There are lots of gnats in the central field by the lake, but bug spray takes care of that easily.
After checking in to your cabin, dinner is served at 9:00. The first night, dinner was pretty strange and this is what had us a little skeptical. It was raining that night and we ate in the roadhouse dining room. It was packed incredibly tight to the extent that it was pretty uncomfortable. You sit at round tables with groups of people you don’t know, but everyone is pretty friendly. The food was okay. Wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. My husband and I were also having a strange experience because the only weekend we could go was a singles themed weekend and we were outcasts in that regard. Most people there seemed to have come by themselves and every time they found out we were married, they would act appalled. (all in good fun though) After dinner there was a party down at the boat house. We played druckin volleyball for a while, but the party ended early so we spent the night hanging out on our porch, which attracted a lot of curious single visitors.
We made somewhat of a mistake staying up too late the first night because we woke up at 10:30 and missed breakfast and the activities sign ups. Most of the activities like the zip line and trapeze require advanced sign up, which occurs at 8:30 in the morning. So we missed out on that and the breakfast, but they did leave out coffee and baked goods for the late risers. After breakfast, we did the activities that don't require sign-up like archery, Spider Mountain, kayak, and swimming in the lake. Lunch on the second day was really good. They had a really good buffet in the main tent and served everything under the sun. Then we did some flips on the Euro Bungee and that is when the trip really started to get fun! At 5pm we wandered over to the boat house, where they were having BBQ, karaoke, and drinks. There we joined in one of the most fun games of flip cup I have ever played. It was $5 a person and we played for a long time. The counselors running the game were awesome and made up really funny rules for the losing side. We became fast friends with everyone playing and it really was a blast. Afterwards we had dinner in the main tent. This dinner was much better than the first in both the quality of food served and the comfortability of the seating. After dinner a DJ came out and everyone danced on the tables. A party at the boathouse followed and it was incredible. There was someone eating fire at the entrance, the music was great and at one point an acrobat was performing above the dance floor. Later a large bonfire was lit out by the lake and everyone was given s’more supplies.
The next morning we got up early. Breakfast was awesome. They had really good food stations serving things like fresh made waffles with homemade whip-cream and fresh fruit. On this day we got to do some of the better activities. We went waterskiing, did some more archery and the triple rock wall zip-line challenge. We almost went on the trapeze, but it started raining and they had to shut it down. As the rain came the party at the boathouse started up again, which was followed by a lunch in the cramped Roadhouse dining hall. This time the food was kind of bad, but they had a mariachi band playing, which made the experience amusing. After lunch, we packed up and bid farewell to Club Getaway.
If you enjoy camping, outdoor adventure activities and a party atmosphere, this is definitely the place for you. It is a really good time for a really good price! All of the counselors are incredibly nice and very fun. Everything is included, except for drinks at night (wine is free with dinner), so I do recommend that you bring some cash. They sell drink books that are $20 per book and are only purchased with cash. You get 20 drink tickets per book. Beers are 4 drink tickets and mixed drinks are 6.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with 2 or 3 people, you can pay a few extra dollars to get a private cabin
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Went there alone and did not know what to expect. I was amazed at the amount of great activities available ( all free). I felt like it was a three day party and when it was over I had made new friends who I plan to stay in touch with. Can't wait to go again. I booked my next trip for this labor day.

• Stayed August 2011
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My friends and I decided to take some time away for the weekend and we picked Club Getaway in Kent. It was exactly what we were looking for. A cabin by the lake, sports and games on the lakefront, and food prepared for us. Plenty of chances to kick back and relax, and met some great new friends when we were up there.

If you ride a bicycle into the small town of Kent there a good amount of stores and restaurants to check out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

My two friends and I wanted to do something fun and different for the 4th of July and we went to Club Getaway and had a ton of fun. The staff was friendly and awesome, which made our weekend. The food was to die for, there was so much I didn't know what to choose from! I went ziplining for the first time ever...never thought I would ever do that! I'm not much of a dancer but at the dances I was a dancing machine. My friends and I had a lot of fun. I recommend the adult weekends to anyone looking for a great weekend with friends.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am very disappointed and can’t recommend this place to anyone.
WASTE OF TIME and MONEY!
Even worse is that I had a lot of tiny but itchy bits when I came home. It looks like I got BED BUGS there!!!

Disgusting cabins:
- gross sheets
- stained towels
- very low cleanliness in general, especially the bathroom

Activities:
- not enough spots for popular activities (e.g. water ski, zip lining)
- sign up process is unprofessional (big chaos)
- you have to be extremely lucky to get what you want
- some people got hurt during the activities

Staff:
- most people are nice but there are some exceptions

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Club Getaway is such a unique experience.. there really isn’t anything else like it… other then maybe Club Med. I started going to Club Getaway a few years ago instead of flying on these ridiculously expensive vacations. I find that I have a better experience and that it is such a great all-inclusive priced resort, compared to other vacations. I now get away for multiple long weekend vacations, and skip the one overpriced vacation and I am so happy that I did. If you are looking to relax, and go on vacation but cannot afford the hassle, price, time off to fly away… go here you will be happy you did… you will probably even have a way better time than other over priced/time consuming getaways.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!