“My FAVORITE place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Getaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kent
Club Getaway
You added Club Getaway to your Saves list
59 South Kent Road, Kent, CT 06757   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“My FAVORITE place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

This past July was my first trip and I had an amazing time. My roommates were the best and all of the staff was great. I'm so glad I went to Club Getaway. Enjoyed a lot of sports and made a lot of new friends. I should have done this sooner. Everything exceeded my expectations and it was an incredible value for the $. Very helpful with diet restrictions but try to let them know about your needs ahead of time. I am definitely a lifer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I've been going to Club Getaway for many years now; and there is a reason I keep going back. Simply put...Club Getaway is a MAGICAL place. Whether you are single or have a family, this is a GREAT vacation - the price/value is right, the food is delicious, there are scheduled activities for EVERYONE, theme nights and their full-time staff is extremely helpful and friendly. FUN times to be had by all - you will take away memories of a lifetime!!! This is a camp setting - the scenery itself is BREATHTAKING and not to be missed. If you are looking for luxury accomodations; then this is not for you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I went to Club Getaway for Labor Day weekend and had an awesome time. It seems most of the guests are single and between 25 and 45, and at least a few of the guests had been going there for years. Lot's of activities; I especially liked the nature hikes, tennis courts, lake-front activities and keg soft-ball games. It's totally like "summer camp" when I was a kid, but without the curfew. Don't expect 5 star hotel rooms, concierge service and candle-lit dinning; rather I shared a rustic cabin with 3 other guys, everything was clean, and there was plenty of good solid comfort food (the lunches were especially satisfying) and entertainment. The staff was friendly and helpful, but it’s definitely more of a do-it-yourself kind of place. Dress casually and bring plenty of bug-spray and sun-block. The place made me feel at least 10years younger, and I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've been to Club Getaway twice now (two different weekends in the summer of 2010) and I loved both trips. Yes, the cabins are a little bare bones, but, besides sleep, I was never in the cabin except to get ready for dinner/evening activities after a long day of fun.

It's nicely set up so you can plan what kind of weekend you personally want. The first time I was up I had a fun busy schedule. At the welcome party they give you a schedule of all of the activities for the weekend and I proceeded to mark through everything I wanted to do that weekend. Zip-lining, hiking, flying trapeze, Dodgeball team challenge, Tennis, Dance classes, Co-Ed Keg Softball, Rock Climbing, Water-skiing, Scuba classes... the list goes on and on for the more adventurous folks. There is always some activity to do, and my problem often came in fitting everything that I wanted to do into my schedule.

The second weekend I was up I decided to have a more relaxing weekend. After breakfast I went down to the lake and sat in one of the many lounge chairs and read some of my book. There's plenty of people to meet and talk to, and I took full advantage, having random conversations throughout the day. There are also the more relaxed activities available. We took a trip to a local vineyard and went wine tasting, arts and crafts groups outside the boathouse, yoga and pilates classes on the lawn.

The food: My favorite meal of the day was lunch. Both breakfast and lunch are served buffet style, and for lunch there are tons of options: grilled food, pizza, carving station, cheese station, sandwiches, a huge salad bar, dessert bar, and tons of others that seem to change from week to week. I remember having corn on the cob and a huge salad and a caprese salad as well. Dinner is also good, though my favorite is when they have it under the main tent (they also have a lodge where they do breakfast and 1 dinner). The staff arranges the tables (picnic style tables with benches) into long rows and dinners are communal. There is a big emphasis on meeting other people.

Following dinner: On Friday nights there is a big welcome party down in the boathouse, and Saturday there is another party (themed) at the same spot. Strong drinks and a great mix of dancing vs. hanging out outside on the deck makes for a gorgeous night.

The rooms: small, bare bones. You get a single bed (And depending on how much you want to pay, possibly roommates). The shower is a single stall shower and the soap they provide isn't great. I brought my own towel and shampoo/conditioner/body wash the second time and was much happier. I didn't have any bug/critter problems on either of the times I was there, but I see how it could happen. This is a camp in the woods. When you're outside you will want bugspray/suntan lotion. There is a hill to walk up/down to get to and from the lake/boathouse. Most of the walking is either on grass or a dirt/gravel walkway. This is not a place to go if you have limited mobility.

And yes, as one of the other reviewers wrote, I was there for the weekend where 1/3 of the cabins lost all water pressure. To me it seemed like a fluke occurrence with their water tank, and the staff was coming around handing out bottles of water for teeth brushing and whatnot. It wasn't great, but they seemed to do whatever they could to make things better.

All in all, if you want to have a great weekend with friends, or spend your time meeting new people; if you want a relaxing weekend in the country or a active high adventure busy time, then that is what you will get.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Leslie --, who owns Club Getaway, cheated me out of $3,500. I pre-paid this money for a number of trips yet when I called to schedule the details, they had no record of my payment. Leslie -- won't return my calls or has an indredibly unprofessional attitude when I do get a hold of her. I cannot believe a business in this day and age would rob a customer and treat them this way. I am angry beyond words! I will take further action until I get my money back! Fair warning ...

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
getaway2381, General Manager at Club Getaway, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Club Getaway. We pride ourselves in providing every guest with the perfect vacation experience, and therefore offering fair rates and great customer service are our top priorities. Your circumstances seem very unusual as we did not have any events other than weddings last June, and the amount of your transaction is not usual of our guests.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and to remediate any issues or concerns that you may have. Please feel free to call me at 877-746-7529, I am always available 10AM until 6PM Monday through Friday.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you!

Leslie Fink
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

The place is so dirty,their were bugs in our room.Beds so uncomfotable,food terrable.Would not return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My friend and I went Labor day weekend. I signed up and then read some of the reviews. I have to tell you I was a little scared after reading some of them. I am writing to tell you that we had a great time. The place is very nice. Yes, the cabins can for sure use some updating but if you have ever been to sleep away camp you can relate. Also we were only in the cabins a few hours a night to catch some sleep.

There were plenty of different activities from the non strenuous to the challenging. The food was actually very good. Tons of selections and very fresh. And I am very picky about good stuff.

I will say there were some interesting people this weekend from what I was told it was not the norm. Use your imagination. BUT!! plenty of other super outgoing friendly others who made it a good time. I was very happy and plan on going again next year for a weekend. This time and going to try to get a few more friends to go. So if you are on the fence and are scared off by some of the other reviews I encourage you to go and not pay them much attention.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!