“awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 restaurants in Harwinton
Plainville, Connecticut
“awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

we always make it part of our annual calendar. the food is awesome! down to earth people only. yuppy, uppity people go elsewhere. not able to appreciate.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Harwinton, Connecticut
“Come in for a landing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very eccentric place with an assortment of offerings you will not find anywhere. I know there are unfavorable reviews here and that's likely because this place is so unique. Go with an open mind and an apatite for culinary adventure. Order alligator or salad and everything in between...they have it all and an atmosphere like no other to boot.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Place is real cool . With its original heritage and frame. A walk in museum.All authentic items from foods to photosAn old a”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Place is a very very nice place
Sounds like a place for many but if your one percenters its not for you
No white linens just great foods beers
And great music in harwinton burlington ct cool place a walk in museum

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Dirty and nasty inside. Ordered a beer at the "bar" in June 2012, and the beer was stamped "best buy oct 2010". Unacceptable

Torrington, CT
“I wish I could give this negative stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wow. Where to begin. I want to start by saying I am not an overly hard to please person at restaurants. I know you read some reviews and think "wow, they probably are never happy." That is not my case. My husband and I recently stopped at the Landing Zone one hot afternoon for some lunch. I wish I never had. Besides one customer at the bar we were the only ones there. We waited for about 10 minutes for someone to seat us because there are signs all over the place stating "dont seat yourself!" There are also signs stating there is a additional fee charged to you the customer if you use your credit or debit card. Basically there are signs everywhere making you feel like the Landing Zone is doing you a favor by serving you. The restaurant is filthy. FILTHY. Now you're wondering why I waited ten minutes to be seated in a filthy restaurant. I'm not sure. I was really hungry. Our waitress disappeared for about another 10-15 mins and then finally took our order. We just got burgers and waited. AND waited. Both my husband and I used the bathrooms and found them filthy and with holes in the floor boards. I'm not sure how this restaurant passes health inspections and structural inspections. It got so weird that at one point we were looking for the camera to figure out if we were being filmed for a t.v. show as a joke. anyhoo, we ate and left. I'm not sure how they stay in business.

• Visited June 2012