We needed a bed for just one night to see Bruce Springsteen & this was the perfect location as it is a short, easy walk right along the street. We were with friends after the show & didn't walk back till 01.30am, which I would be wary of in a large UK city (& to be fair I was half expecting to book a taxi here) but no-one was around & it felt perfectly safe & was well lit for our 10 minute walk. We had a room on the 8th floor with a beautiful view of the Capitol building across the park.
The check in girl was lovely & offered us goodies & free parking as we are Platinum members. A bonus I hadn't expected.
We did not encounter a parking attendant but were given a docket to put in the car when we checked in. The only down side was that there weren't many spaces at 3pm on arrival & the one we did find was smelly but that's not HIE's fault if ignorant people use carparks as toilets!!
We would stay again despite that.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford-Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford-Downtown Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford
- Hartford Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Hartford . Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Hartford, the Insurance Capital of the World, and is easily accessed from I-91 and I-84. We are steps from the Union Station for visitors traveling via bus or train. The hotel is located directly across from Bushnell Park and features views of the Capitol Building. We are also just 14 miles from Bradley International Airport. At the Holiday Inn Express Hartford Downtown, you will find newly renovated guest rooms with all the comforts of home. You can stay connected in our modern business center or with our complimentary easy access, high-speed Internet. For the health conscious, stay in shape in our state-of-the-art fitness center. Guests on the go can start their day right with our complimentary Smart Start Breakfast featuring our world-famous cinnamon rolls. Business travelers are sure to enjoy our hotel while visiting the 'Insurance Capital.' We are in walking distance to many area businesses. Guests here for leisure will be happy to know we are walking distance to the XL Center, the Bushnell Theater, Connecticut Convention Center and many award winning restaurants. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express, Hartford Downtown where our staff will be sure to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hartford-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.