“OK for the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hartford / Windsor

You added Super 8 Hartford / Windsor to your Saves list
Super 8 Hartford / Windsor
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   57 West Service Road, I-91 exit 33, Hartford, CT 06120-1503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Hartford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

■The service I experienced: World Class. Front Desk Manager & Facilities Staff: The Best!
■How I liked the room: Safe, Secure, Tidy, smells great!
■The location & amenities: Location, Location, Location: Great, near my new corporate HO....My needs are simple, yet Super 8 Staff has accomodated all my needs.
I like this Super 8. I am a world class traveller, and my needs are met here. I wish I had been offered a better rate as I am long term here in Hartford (at UTC & CSC Corporate Home Offices)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Absolutely disgusting. Upon first check room seemed dated but not too bad. 1st problem, window did not open properly, would come off track. Had to learn trick to flush toilet. Remote control did not work. 1 lightbulb in main room worked. in tv/dresser draw we found an empty underwear pack. Obviously not cleaned. Friend sat on his bed, said it felt funny. Noticed it was not on frame. Lifted it to find a broken frame that was propped to hold bed up. Also found some costume jewlery. Called front desk to report problem and was told "nothing we can do about it now, you just have to suffer tonight." Sleep, concert, return to room, sleep. Next morning while packing I look under second bed to make sure I'm leaving nothing behind. To my horror I find 3 used condoms and wrappers. I had slept over theses bad boys for 2 nights. The management/owners of this place should be beating themselves over this but instead, with a smile, they offered 10% off our 2nd nights stay. Please sleep in your car in the parking lot before staying here.

Room Tip: Dont stay in 222
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Another night, another hotel. For the positive side - the room was cheap and the desk clerk was nice. Now, for the negative - bathroom smelled like pee, flat pillows, hair on the bathroom floor and tub (not ours), toilet loose, room had an unidentifiable odor (not cigarettes because I smelled the drapes and they were clean), breakfast was from 6-9, but there was just the bare minimum of food (raisin bran cereal, muffins, toast, plain oatmeal). It was not a nice neighborhood,and the clerk was behind a partition. It was too late to get a different hotel or we would have looked for another room. There was also a strange woman who stood in the breakfast area and would just mumble and stare, the clerk finally told her to leave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I thought the reviews for this place were exaggerated but I unfortunately was proven wrong. The place was filthy even by my low standards. Hair in the bathroom, yellow stains on the floor(don't even want to know) and a carpet that had not been vacuumed since 1987. The sheets were filled with cigarette burn holes and the provided blanket was like sleeping with a piece of Insulation. The list could go on for days but I think one gets the point. On the plus side my stay here was for work and therefore not at my expense. Additionally the Dave Mathews concert crowd was an interesting experience but one that would make many run for the hills.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Super 8 Hartford / Windsor? Share your experiences!