“Got my car towed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Mountain View, Cambodia
“Got my car towed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is mediocre. But the location is a little seedy. No one at hotel told me about the parking restrictions. And next day, I found they were getting my car towed away. I had to pay the tow guy $100 and then the manager came and persuaded the tow guy not to take the car away, since I had already paid him.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed in the Homewood Suites on a number of business trips to Hartford and have always been pleased. Compared to other hotels the rooms are quite large with a kitchen area and dining area. Some of the suites are bigger than others and some even have two bathrooms! This is more than ample for one person, but would easily be comfortable for a family. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I would echo some other reviewers that sometimes it can be noisy due to the restaurant next door. The breakfast that is included in the room rate is also a nice plus. Perhaps my only complaint is that the hallways are really warm and don't seem to have any air conditioning at all, which is unpleasant in the summer.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from Black Eyed Sally's.
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was a guest of the Homewood Suites twice in the month of June for business two weeks part. I got two different room configurations but had very similar experiences overall. Check-in was a breeze. Myrna checked me in both times and remembered me the second week when I returned.

Both rooms were clean and neat. My first room had the kitchen as part of the main room while the second stay ave me a room with a separate bedroom. Beds were comfortable and bath amenities were nice. TVs were flat screens and the channel choice was very old. The room also had free wifi which I used both times.

The breakfast was fine in the morning. It had a decent variety and was hot. The snacks at night were good, but it would have been nice to have a diet soda. I didn't want beer or wine and was just looking for a soft drink but could not drink iced tea. I was directed o the lobby to buy a diet coke. Not too big a deal, but how much old a can of diet coke have cost them.

All in all a very good stay in downtown Hartford and I would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staff is helpful, hotel is clean and location is great but too expensive for limited amenities. Food is EXCELLENT and the cooking staff are well mannered. Business center computers are outdated. They have laundry facilities which is good for staying long periods. They have a mini store in the lobby for unpredictable needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Providence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

For the same or less than I would have paid at a comparable hotel in the area, I had a suite with kitchen and separate bedroom. Complimentary breakfast and dinner seemed to be an amazing amenity! The food was surprisingly good, and the staff throughout the hotel were happy to help and always friendly. For the price I paid, I was suspicious the room might be shabby and the food marginal, but both were just fine! My only complaint was that my room location had only a view of a nearby wall and air conditioning equipment at eye level, so the room was always dark and I had to use lights, but this was a minor concern. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton was made relaxed and "hassle free" due to staff. Easy checking in and out, as well as near by parking, kept me calm and cool. Many adjacent restaurants offered evening relaxation and fine dining. Give them a big "thumbs up".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Ewing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at entering the suite - for a cost similar to a regular room at another hotel we got a suite with wonderful amenities. So much nicer to have a little space to stretch out. I'd definitely stay here again. Location was good, not far from the Wadsworth Athenium art museum which is why we were in Hartford.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!