“Great room, great savings” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now, save 15%
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Providence, United States
“Great room, great savings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

For the same or less than I would have paid at a comparable hotel in the area, I had a suite with kitchen and separate bedroom. Complimentary breakfast and dinner seemed to be an amazing amenity! The food was surprisingly good, and the staff throughout the hotel were happy to help and always friendly. For the price I paid, I was suspicious the room might be shabby and the food marginal, but both were just fine! My only complaint was that my room location had only a view of a nearby wall and air conditioning equipment at eye level, so the room was always dark and I had to use lights, but this was a minor concern. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton was made relaxed and "hassle free" due to staff. Easy checking in and out, as well as near by parking, kept me calm and cool. Many adjacent restaurants offered evening relaxation and fine dining. Give them a big "thumbs up".

Ewing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at entering the suite - for a cost similar to a regular room at another hotel we got a suite with wonderful amenities. So much nicer to have a little space to stretch out. I'd definitely stay here again. Location was good, not far from the Wadsworth Athenium art museum which is why we were in Hartford.

Abilene, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel because the other hotels for my conference were booked. I am very glad that this mistake happened. I could not have been more pleased with my hotel stay. If I ever stay in the Hartford area again, I will definitely choose to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Stamford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Loved the free dinner -- one night it was pizza, one night it was lasagna, etc. Breakfast also very complete, with eggs and sometimes sausages, bacon, etc. As well as fresh fruit. The location is great, the free "star shuttle" runs in front of the door. And try the Feng restaurant just down the street if like sushi -- it was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Fort Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had a small issue in the business center with the printer needing toner, but the staff allowed me to print from their computer at the front desk. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHartfordGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello and Happy Summer Season!

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and do come back and visit us!

Best!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My partner and I went to CT to have our civil ceremony preformed and decided to stay downtown as it seemed central to many things. We booked online via the hotel site and I continued to monitor it for drops and changes etc. until a few days before departure. We were able to get a slight discount of about $90 and upgrade our room to a King suite instead of a studio suite about a week before. I was concerned about the parking which is $16.00 a night but we decided to park in the lot across the street not owned by the hotel for $10.00 a night. Note there are 3 parking lots right by the hotel if you decide not to park there. We never had a problem with the lot even though there were events and daily commuters coming to work, we just planned accordingly.

Room wasn't ready when we checked in at 2 PM. No issue for us we left our luggage and went to lunch. We asked for a room high up due to noise that previous reviewers posted about but when we returned about 4 PM we were told all they had for our room type was 4th floor on the side of Black Eyed Sally's Jazz/Bar/Restaurant. We decided to take it this was not a "get some rest" trip. The front desk clerk also told us with the building being so old we would hear the noise regardless of the floor we were on. I'm a light sleeper and I slept fine. Front desk personnel was fine I think one of them her name was Myra she was more friendly and pleasant always spoke and had a smile on her face.

Room was normal suite mini kitchen with all the things you need while away from home, table to eat at separate living room with pull out sofa and chair. Separate bedroom and a total of 2 TV's. Side note we did not use the sofa bed so cannot comment on it, the bed was decent and the pillows wonderful. This si not my house so it doesn't have to be decorated based on my taste Id didn't care if the sofa and the chair matched with the curtains. I don't live there some people are over the top.

Fitness center was small did go 3 out of 4 days...yes while on vacation hey I have a wedding dress to fit in in August! But I made the most of it no need to complain just change up you routine. I would suggest going in the morning or early afternoon. The hotel has a lot of business guest and they use the gym after work so you might not be able to get on a machine.

Food- Breakfast was fine had it twice it was hot and different options I’m a foodie but I’m not snobbish if i didn't want it just go pick up something else. The managers reception was a nice touch light dinner and wine/beer during the week. This was a plus for us most time we nibbled a drank and just enjoyed the company of sitting downstairs with everyone. The attendant was nice and they got you adult beverages for you food was actually pretty good (my partner ate it) I nibbled on salad and cookies.

Overall for the rate of a downtown hotel it was good if you factor in the meals they provide it's a great deal providing you’re staying through the week as the managers reception is Mon-Thurs
Right in the moddle of evrything you can walk everywhere and police presence was always there so you felt safe for downtown. Almost forgot we stayed for 4 nights from Sat -Wed

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello from Hartford and Happy Summer Season!

First of all - allow us to CONGRATULATE you on your marriage. We are delighted to stayed at the hotel. Your thoughtful, extensive / comprehensive review is ideal for our staff daily review. A note on the parking - our lot is manned all the time with staff versus the other lots that are operated literally by a "pay" machine and do not have 24/7 monitoring - hence the higher rate at our location.

If back in Hartford, do contact us directly. We would be pleased to welcome you back!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!