“Convenient location and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now, save 15%
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hartford
“Convenient location and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this property and found the staff to be extremely helpful. A special thank you to Tabitha and Vanessa especially. The hotel is near the XL Center and Union Station. Both are in walking distance. The breakfast each morning was well stocked with a variety of choices. They offer dinner Mon-Thur evenings which was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel can be noisy due to the local bar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Valley Stream, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel and room seemed brand new but i know it isn't because my son and his Dad stayed there two years ago! Front desk staff were extremely nice and courteous. Room was spacious. I liked the extra security of needing a key to enter the corridor when you get off the elevator. Breakfast in the morning was fresh and good. There was some confusion as to which parking lot to use. The lot across the street stated that they welcome Hilton guests. I paid at a kiosk but an attendant said i should have paid him. And then he said I should have parked in the lot behind the hotel altogether. I left my car where it was and it ended up working out okay but the confusion made me a little uncomfortable. It was altogether a great place to stay and i would definitely stay there again if I ever need to be in Hartford.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Room was nice and clean. Staff was kind and helpful. Free breakfast was tasty. What more can you ask for! It was also nice to be close to things downtown. There is a great restaurant immediately next door called Black Eyed Sallys that has killer ribs so if you need a bite to eat in a pinch you don't have to go far.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Room was spacious and had everything we needed, especially loved the kitchen. We had four people on our room but felt like we had all the space in the world. It was nice to be able to have our own bedroom and television. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The entire hotel was also clean and very secure. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. This hotel is in a great location because it is near the greatest bars and restaurants in Hartford or anywhere else you may be visiting. Most importantly the hotel offers convenient, private, and safe parking. Although we did not bring our dogs it was nice to know that there is a pet friendly hotel in downtown Hartford. If you’re looking for a room to stay in where you don’t have to worry about being away from home I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Casco, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

So, we had never been to Hartford before! Very different from back home. Felt very comfortable during the day, but the nightlife after 9 pm is wild compared to where we live! So we went back to hotel. The hotel was very nice! It was VERY clean. Loved having the kitchenette. So spacious. We had a room to chill and a room to sleep. We had a couple friends (from another floor) come and visit. Perfect spot to chill, talk, and play games. And the bed was amazing. Usually hotel room beds suck! This bed was amazing!!!!!!!! So comfortable! And plenty of pillows. Ahh! Living the dream. Movies on demand. And then...as I turn off the television and the air turns off....UGH! The outside life caught up to us. The neighboring bar decided to jam! Club music until 2:30 am! I felt like the patrons were in the room with me! Ugh....Yes. It was Saturday night, but I am not 21 anymore! I wanted my sleep. When the air was blowing and tv were going it actually muffled some of the outdoor noises, but without..... ;(! Hopefully, this is just a Saturday night issue!? Because, otherwise, this place was perfect. The workers were SO helpful. They were amazing. The place was clean. We felt safe. Our only complaint was the noise....outdoors! A special thank you to the worker who found and kept our missing item safe until we could make it back! The people will never understand how thankful we are for their efforts! THANK YOU!!

*The actual location in Hartford was great! Easy to find, easy to access, felt safe, etc... Gave the low score because of the surrounding clubs! Bring ear plugs and you'll be fine! ;)

• Stayed February 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently stayed with a large group of people who were in town to volunteer for a high-profile memorial. I cannot express enough how this hotel went above and beyond to accommodate our needs for space and confidentiality. They made it clear to us what their communication was with their staff, ensuring that they maintained our need for privacy. Check-In was a breeze, I was worried there would be an awkward exchange concerning our reason for staying; the lady behind the counter was a warm "just the facts ma'am, just the facts," kind of woman--it was comforting.
The place was super clean, our rooms were the perfect size for getting together for last-minute preparations. People couldn't get over how big their rooms were! It was hard to choose from all the restaurants and pubs around the block, but we were really happy with 1 of the two restaurants right next door--besides being close, the food was GREAT, and it had a classy jazz/blues atmosphere. It was a little loud around bar closing time, but that's to be expected in any district with a lot of entertainment options. My nerves had me up late, and I only heard sirens once, which I think is a great reflection of how much Hartford Downtown has cleaned up in the last few years. We had early check-outs for our event, the Express Check-Out Card Drop rocked my dawn! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for business, for 2 nights. This location is about what I've experienced at other Homewood Suites locations, which is a good thing, even though I don't typically use the kitchen it is a nice to have. Staff was very friendly, room was clean. Nothing too fancy, and it was close by to my customers and my corporate offices but other than that not a whole bunch to do in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!