“About what I expected, convenient location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Dallas, TX
“About what I expected, convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for business, for 2 nights. This location is about what I've experienced at other Homewood Suites locations, which is a good thing, even though I don't typically use the kitchen it is a nice to have. Staff was very friendly, room was clean. Nothing too fancy, and it was close by to my customers and my corporate offices but other than that not a whole bunch to do in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bloomfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Let me say it again...Super Clean and Great Location - the free evening meal was awesome. The people were ultra nice and love the free wine and beer!
The rooms are three times the normal size of rooms, plenty of room for us to spread out for our events and not trip over each other. Highly recommend!!!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I love the Hilton Brand. This hotel needs re-evaluated. I had good experiences and bad. Check in and departure were great, the staff at this time were very helpful. The experiences during my week long stay not as good. The Large Club next door did jolt me out of bed at 130am in the morning on a Wednesday night. Unfortunately, I did have business to attend to the next morning. Friday and Saturday were much of the same. The full kitchen experience is misleading. The appliances need repair, and the kitchen accessories restocked. The housekeeping staff are wonderful and helpful. The Shuttle Driver exceptional. He took members of our staff to the grocery store and was very helpful. The location is great but the Holiday Inn a block away could be far enough away from the club to have noise issues. The front desk staff at night were preoccupied with personal phone calls. So it was a hot and cold kind of stay. When the staff were helpful, they were great. I would consider all my options before staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the club side of the hotel as possible. Do not face the parking lot across th...
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My first stay at this Homewood Suites was an exceptional experience. The hotel location really rocks and I loved walking to the Capitol building and back. The entire staff was helpful and gave me the feeling that they truly cared that I enjoy my stay with them. If you stay here you must enjoy the free evening meal. The food was great but it was the staff that made the experience worth it. They were having fun and their energy was infectious. What more could a person ask for? There was even free beer! Heaven!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed at the Homewood Suites twice, and have had a great experience both times. The hotel is clean and safe, and the staff friendly and helpful. Patrick, at the front desk made check in super fast and made me feel very welcome. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Middletown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

In town for a meeting at another hotel, but stayed here as two other business colleagues were staying there too. Had to stay 6 nights. Price goes down the longer you stay I realized and was a nice surprise on the initial search of one night only. Van drivers got us to the company's meeting - saved me from driving half a mile and finding parking again. Went down Route 9 on my time off (one day at end of stay) and drove around historic Opera House on the River and went to Old Saybrook (about 25 mins away).
The Homewood Suites was a different lay out than ones I tend to stay out - a tall historic sort of brownstone. The 5 PM people in the cocktail hour (which is free by the way), pointed out some history memorabilia dating back to the 1920's - very cool. Anywhere that has history in the same place, as long as it is as clean as this hotel is, is nice! I have to be back in Hartford and then Boston 5 times in 2013 - for Hartford will ho to the Homewood. Love the free cocktail hour : ) - makes for not going out in the cold and relaxing.

Springfield Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I would like to thank the staff for helping us prepare for our Daughter's wedding in the Bond Ballroom, the top two floors of the Homewood Suites Hartford Downtown. The staff was very professional and very courteous and caring. They served as an extension of our family to all our guests

Room Tip: Suites are the way to travel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodHartfordGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are delighted to have been the host-location for your event. Congratulations to your whole family!
Jeffrey Bierly

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!