In town for a meeting at another hotel, but stayed here as two other business colleagues were staying there too. Had to stay 6 nights. Price goes down the longer you stay I realized and was a nice surprise on the initial search of one night only. Van drivers got us to the company's meeting - saved me from driving half a mile and finding parking again. Went down Route 9 on my time off (one day at end of stay) and drove around historic Opera House on the River and went to Old Saybrook (about 25 mins away).
The Homewood Suites was a different lay out than ones I tend to stay out - a tall historic sort of brownstone. The 5 PM people in the cocktail hour (which is free by the way), pointed out some history memorabilia dating back to the 1920's - very cool. Anywhere that has history in the same place, as long as it is as clean as this hotel is, is nice! I have to be back in Hartford and then Boston 5 times in 2013 - for Hartford will ho to the Homewood. Love the free cocktail hour : ) - makes for not going out in the cold and relaxing.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Hartford Downtown Hotel Hartford
- Homewood Suites Hartford Downtown Hotel
- Homewood Suites Hartford
- Homewood Hartford
- Hartford Homewood
- Hartford Homewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our close proximity to the action of downtown Hartford, as well as the ease of traveling to Bradley International Airport, which is only 15 minutes away. We have all the comforts of home for your stay in Hartford, and our property is within walking distance to museums, nightlife and great restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.