“It's like walking into another world” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbone's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 402 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Plainville, Connecticut, United States
“It's like walking into another world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a delicious meal at this restaurant but it really is like walking into the old Italy of Manhattan with the dark wood, dark decor and low ceiling. We had the most delicious meal starting with their amazing bread which they make in-house. We had the caesar salad that they make tableside. It had a great flavor but was overdressed. We had two steak dishes which were both outstanding but the tenderloin steak San Dominico was our favorite. The creme brulee was divine. What I particularly like is that the menu has a lot of options that do not involve pasta. I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cuenca, Ecuador
“Culinary Brilliance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

As I quickly come to the end of my "farewell tour" before moving to Ecuador, I have enjoyed some great dinners with friends. Tonight was at Carbone's, which deserves a 10 on a scale of 10. The Mushroom and Ciabata Bruschetta with camembert and pine nuts is almost indescribable. Rich flavors that made me sorry I was sharing the appetizer. Caesar salad was prepared table-side, resulting in a perfectly blended dressing. The Baked Sea Scallops Parmesan were huge, tasty, and perfectly cooked. Although full, I did opt for dessert, in this case the Torta Di Angelo, consisting of chocolate ganache and mousse. The service was friendly and very professional. I don't expect to be back in Hartford any time soon, but if I am, I will be back at Carbone's.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful authentic Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I've lived in the Hartford area for about 1.5 years and had never been to Carbone's. My husband took me there on our first wedding anniversary on 9/10/12. The food was incredible! The Bolognese sauce was AMAZING, it was truly like what you would be served in a home in Italy! I've traveled extensively to all parts of Italy and found their food to be close to what I could find there. I highly recommend you try it. The blood orange martini was just incredible! We actually went their for lunch today 10/9/2012 and again, it didn't disapoint!

Durham, CT
“Classic Charm; It's a dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Carbone's restaurant is a classic. Always excellent service, delicious food and a great dining experience. We go a few times every year! Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy a cocktail at the bar. Then be sure to have your salad prepared tableside; fresh and fabulous. The entrees were well prepared with generous portions. Our deserts and coffee were prepared right at our table as well. The cafe diablo is divine. We went for a cozy birthday dinner and were not disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Great Upscale Italian in Hartford's South End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

On a recent Monday evening, attended a business dinner for five. Small, quiet yet elegant private room. Great service. Food was outstanding. They have a regular menu and a smaller "Mediteranean" menu that prepares dishes in a more regional manner. I'd call it healthier cooking. The lamb chops were awesome. Great wine list. Wonderful old established restaurant for business meals. Can't help but be impressed.

• Visited September 2012