“Always enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 64 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: Hartford's professional Off-Broadway-style theatre.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Always enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I have seen several plays at this venue. We have thoroughly enjoyed each one. The setting is intimate so you feel like you can really appreciate the actors. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. There are several excellent restaurants within walking distance as well

Visited January 2013

New London, Connecticut, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Small Theater, Good Production”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I attended the production, Almost Maine, on January 27, 2013. We both found the production entertaining, and the acting was superb. TheaterWorks is located in the basement of a building on Pearl Street. It is smaller than The Hartford Stage, but the seats are closer to the stage, and there is no bad seating. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
“Santaland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This play is hilarious and was very well executed by the solo actor. The theater is small and intimate and not a bad seat in the place. Not the first show I have seen here but definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend this theater.

Visited December 2012
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Classist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you want a cushion on your seat, you have to pay an additional fee. A very uncomfortable place to see a play.

Newington, Connecticut, United States
“Venus in Fur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My first time going to TheaterWorks and what a great experience. The play itself was "interesting". Definitely thought provoking... It was a 2 person show and the actors were incredible! We bought seasons tickets and absolutely love the laid back, no printable tickets, no particular day attitude and process they have. We showed up about an hour before the show started. Plenty of seats, and all of them good. The staff again were laid back, but helpful and professional at the same time. We can't wait till our next play!

Visited November 2012

Been to TheaterWorks? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage TheaterWorks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.