“Peruvian Food in Connecticut” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is a family owned establishment that offers excellent service, entertainment and great food!
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Peruvian Food in Connecticut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here last Friday night. The food was excellent, and the staff were wonderfully accommodating. We had the Appetizer Sampler to start with Choros a la Chalaca, Chicharron de Pollo, y Tacos La Kerencya; very good! For entrees we had Shrimp Chaufas y Bistek a lo Pobre. Both were excellent, and even better the next day, as was my flan I just had to try, but hadn't saved room for. We were both very impressed, and will definitely be back again, soon.

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“First time visit, and will become regulars.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We tried this restauraunt for the first time, for lunch. The food was fantastic, and the price VERY reasonable! Waitstaff very attentive, and very comfortable seating. I have never tried a Peruvian restauraunt. I am very glad we decided to go here! The food is authentic, comes to you good and hot and will leave you full. Not thinking "Where's the food?", or "I'm still hungry!".
Bottom line, you will like this restauraunt.

Tony C.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southbury, Connecticut
“Tasty food and a very helpful bartender/owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

First time going here and was knowledgeable with the menu. Owner helped with recommendations and they were excellent. Will be going back.

Danbury, Connecticut
“First time trying Peruvian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here for my birthday and it was my first time trying Peruvian food. I had a fried chicken that was extremely delicious. One of my favorite meals I've ever had. The service was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to coming back in the future.

• Visited December 2012
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Delicious and relaxing Saturday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband, my mother and myself had a great meal here today. Everything was perfectly seasoned and fresh. My husband ordered Bistek a lo Pobre which was a nice slice of sirloin topped with 2 fried eggs and garnished with onions and tomatoes. This was all served over a bed of fries and had a tossed salad and white rice on the side. He LOVED it. My mother got the rotisserie chicken which was also great. The meat was seasoned all the way to the bone. She got a whole chicken, a large side salad and fried plantains- all for only $16! I tried all of it and it really was delicious. We ordered a dessert that they only make Fri - Sun called Picarones. Every culture has a version of fried dough and Picarones is the Peruvian version. So good! They take awhile because they are made to order- totally worth the wait. I ordered a coffee with milk and Mona, our waitress, steamed the milk for me which was a very nice touch. The other thing we enjoyed about this restaurant was the comfort level. We stayed longer than we usually do because the chairs were cushioned with arm rests, the lighting was alittle dim and the service was attentive but not rushed at all. It is family owned and operated and we like that too. We will be back and you should go too!

• Visited February 2013