“Nice hotel for overnight in Hartford” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
Johannesburg SA
“Nice hotel for overnight in Hartford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for the Hartford Pub Crawl event. We got a big corner suite with double volume windows, the room was on on multiple levels. Nice room with a full kitchen, tv area, upstairs bedroom with a nice view of the river. Free wifi and free breakfast was aslo nice. The batroom was a bit small with a very low ceiling. Staff were very friendly. Did not like the fact that there was no covered parking.

Room Tip: Corner suite has double volume windows on 2 walls.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
ErniT - We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our corner suite and enjoyed the great windows. We are very proud of the architectural details of our hotel!

I apologize that you weren't informed at check in, but next time you stay with us please be sure to inquire about our interior garage under the outer lot. With a room key guests are able to access this area for parking.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on any future visits to Hartford.

Lisa McIntyre,
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Acushnet, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great stay--very convenient location. Very spacious loft room. Great complimentary breakfast with many buffet options--something for everyone. The air unit was a little loud.. once we adjusted to the noise of the fan, it was fine. Parking was not free, but the room was so reasonably priced that we didn't mind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you Eileen29 for taking the time to review our hotel. Many of our guests also agree that our location is perfect! Feedback is always appreciated and we will look into the air unit to prevent any future guests from experiencing any noise concerns. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the variety in our breakfast buffet. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Hartford!

Lisa McIntyre
Director of Sales
Unionville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to the Residence Inn in Hartford last weekend to celebrate my birthday with friends and I had a the best time! The front desk staff was so friendly, they offered a free breakfast, and the sleeping rooms were AMAZING! The hotel used to be apartments so the rooms are huge and each room comes with a kitchen :) Also, the hotel is walking distance to all the best restaurants and clubs in Hartford, so it is a great location. I highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is landmark building. It is at the heart of Hartford. The rooms are incredible large and well furnished with tall ceilings. I have been to many hotels because of my profession as an auditor. This residence Inn in downtown Hartford is the most majestic and nice I ever experienced.
I felt like I was a king when I walked into the room. You can practically host an 12 to 15 people party in your room. The views in the rooms are very very good. There are good eateries within walking distance that fit various budget.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was very spacious, with a full kitchen and plenty of "living" space. The hotel is conveniently located. Staff was friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast was amazing -- a nice amenity. They also have free dinner too, which is pretty unusual for hotels -- I can't speak to the quality of that as I didn't partake in it. Bed was comfortable. There was some noise from the fan in my room overnight, but nothing that would stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Most Residence Inns I have stayed at (and there have been many) seem to follow the same design of both the buildings and the rooms. Not so with this one, most likely because it was built in an old existing building. We rented two rooms - one was the "loft" room and the other was a two bedroom suite. The loft was actually a strange setup with a bedroom up a small set of stairs. We couldn't figure out why they would design it that way, but it did give the room a much bigger feel. Also different was a full stove, something that you don't normally see (usually just a stove top).

The two bedroom was bigger than some of my friend's apartments. This too had a raised area for one bedroom, but the other bedroom was just plain huge! You could have easily put another king size bed in that room. Plus it had a really large set of closets and bathroom.

Breakfast here was better than usual for a Residence Inn. Good selection and everything was kept stocked, even up to the very end of the breakfast session. There are two restaurants that are in the same building, so you don't even need to go outside.

Parking was expensive I thought ($16/day) but still slightly cheaper than surrounding parking lots.

I'm no big fan of Hartford, but if I have to stay there this is the hotel where I would stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was here recently for a friend's wedding and I was blown away by the spacious rooms, complete with kitchens and living rooms, the super friendly and helpful staff, and one of the best continental breakfasts I ever had at a hotel. The staff did everything to help me get into a great room and even got me in early and my parent's into their room early who were traveling in from out of town. I am all about cleanliness and my room was super clean. Even when I went to plug in my curling iron in the socket behind the TV, i was anxious to see what would be behind there, and not one spec of dust or anything was. Super clean, great location, wonderful staff. I expressed this to the manager on my way out who mentioned that they are renovating all their rooms this summer, which makes me want to go back even more now!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!