“We're back and it is still excellent..” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Hartford
saint paul
“We're back and it is still excellent..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for almost 8 weeks in 2011 while or house was being renovated..we walked in yesterday, and Constance, at the front desk, not only recognized our faces, but remembered our story. She was beyond welcoming, and made us feel like we'd just come home..she totally took care of us, holding our belongings for us and giving us tips of things to do before check in.. She is simply awesome. Our room is gorgeous, staff is all so friendly.. We'll be back again and again.

• Stayed October 2012
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We know how difficult it can be when you are away from home for an extended period. I am thrilled to read your kind remarks on Constance who works at our Front Desk and welcomed you back! Although our hotel suites are geared towards making an extended stay more comfortable, it is Associates such as Constance that make our hotel what it is! I will be sure to share your comments with her and our entire Team. We hope to see you again; and please stop by to say hello!

Warm Regards:

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I enjoy my 2 night stay at Residence Inn. The hotel parking is located in the BACK of the hotel. So if your coming off the Highway. Turn on Main st- Hotel on the left. Quick turn on Trumbell street. Parking on the right. 16 bucks a day :( But great locate from room. The check-in took about 10 mins. Smoooth! As my Girlfriend and I walked into the room. We couldnt believe the space of the room. I was thinking alil room studio with small partial kitchen, but NOOOOOOO. The room was HUGE. 20ft ceiling. Loft- style. Fully service kitchen. The deco was old-fashion. 60's-70's type of design. The room was a bit dirty. Hair, dirty brown spots on the towel paper, Dirty cookware.

The hotel is located in a safe area. Resturants and convenience stores are walking distances.
Westfarm Mall (10 min drive) Red lobster (20 mins) Casino (40 mins) Club Divi Divi- gay club (10 mins)

Room Tip: ROOM 317 is located on Main street. Its a Studio Loft.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Residence Inn is well situated in downtown Hartford. It is an unusual hotel. We were on a college tour and booked a two-bedroom unit for just $30 more than a one-bedroom. When we arrived they told us we had a "penthouse." The unit was 3 stories tall. Plenty of room and comfortable, but kind of thrown together inside an old structure. You could view it as funky cool or strange. The hallways were exceedingly large and we saw few people there other than the family with small children next door. You see very few employees, but those you do see are very nice. There is on-site parking in what seems to have been an old loading dock. So if you are looking for good location and need space at a fair price, this hotel fits the bill.

Room Tip: The two-room suites are well priced if you need the space and come with a complete kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Clovis31:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott - Hartford. I am happy to read you found value in the two-bedroom suite and were comfortable with the spacious accommodations and amenities we offer.

Our Residence Inn is very unique in that it was formerly the historic Richardson Building which first opened in 1876, and at one time was the Brown Thomson Department Store prior to becoming the hotel in 2000. The Richardson Building is on the National Register of Historic Places.

I hope you will come and visit us again if you are ever in the Downtown Hartford area!

Killingworth, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for our daughters wedding. Great amenities - all rooms had full kitchens and most if not all rooms were multilevel suites. It was a venue that came recommended by our weddding facility (Society Room) - for good reasons. Centrally located and very convenient to our church and Society room, as well as local restaurants. Excellent breakfast. The most impressive thing was the service - all employees from housekeeping to management were extremely friendly and responsive, making our wedding stay that much better. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The room was dark, dingy and disgusting. It also smelled suspiciously wierd. It was dated and felt very unclean. The whole hotel is disturbingly quiet. The service was not good and it was just plain a scary place to stay. I have no idea what those other people were raving about, but they must have stayed in another hotel because this one SUCKS.

• Stayed July 2012
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear FANCYPANTS27:
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service for all our guests, so please contact me personally at 860-524-5550 to discuss your experience further.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were in town for a family wedding and were staying at the Residence Inn for the first time. We checked in with no problems, the front desk folks were very friendly, and when we opened the door to our room, we were blown away by how huge it was! We definitely weren't expecting that! We had a loft bedroom set up with a full kitchen, bathroom and sitting area, which had a pull out sofa. The only thing we found lacking were sheets and blankets for the pull sofa. However, I have to admit that I didn't necessarily ask the front desk folks where they were, but I also didn't want to have to go searching the place for them either.
The room was clean, well kept and a place that we'd definitely return to in the future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a bit different, as we learned from the front desk, so ask about the different...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel for a wedding party is great! Big roomy rooms for the bride to get ready! It is in a great location. For the most part the staff is friendly. Housekeeping was very polite and understanding. Most of the front desk agents were a pleasure to talk to. Very friendly and very polite. I would have given this hotel a 5 start rating if it was not for just one very negative experience with the front desk agent that checked me in. He lacked the caring attitude that a front desk agent should have. No smile or any niceness about him. So I go and explain to him I am the groom and I believe we were booked the suite for two nights since we have a contract with the hotel for the wedding. He asked me under what name. I tell him both last names of the wedding party. He looks under my name first, but only my brothers name is there. I say ok can you please check....cut off there is only two under my brothers name he says. I finally was able to chime in and say please check under the brides name. I had misunderstood the contract and I thought both nights were for free so I had mentioned that to him. With a very stern we never give both nights free attitude in his voice. So I call my wife up to confirm with her. Since his attitude was nasty, and I didn't trust him. So I clarify with him that the next night will be free he says yes. So I check my statement I was charged for both nights. My wife calls for them to adjust the bill. The guy who check me in picks up the phone. My wife I explaining to him about the incorrect billing.....cut off again miss I told your husband he will only get charged for one night. Well if he had listened to the whole conversation my account was charged for both nights. He is rude and should just have night duty so he won't interact with as many guest. Overall great hotel, nice rooms, nice staff, clean, and good location. Thank you for the great experience except for that one front desk agent

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!