“Better the first time....” 2 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Better the first time....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Hartford Hilton twice now and the first time was the best (great food AND service)...I came for a seminar this time and was happy to be here except for the fact hey treated me like a second class citizen. The staff is nice (especially in the on-site restaurant) but they were charging the people who did not stay at the hotel $10 for parking and me (who was staying there) $18 per day!!! You'd think they would comp me the $8 since I spent $175 to stay there, but no! The front desk was polite, but firm in the $18. Needless to say, I will find other accommodations from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sincerely sorry that our parking fee became a concern during your stay. I like to clarify this for the TripAdvisor members and our future guests.

The parking garage that services our hotel is leased from the city. This is an arrangement found at numerous hotels located in downtown city centers across the country; Hartford included. As a result, hotels have no choice but to pass along a parking expense to their guests. Often meeting or event organizers negotiate a reduced parking rate for patrons of events occurring at the hotel – so I suspect this is the case in your experience.

I truly value your feedback and do thank you for the complements regarding our friendly associates and food. I sincerely hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Anish Patney,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Windham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Hilton hosted our high school reunion and they were great. The food and service were beyond complaint. Many of our alumni stayed for the night and all were pleased with the rooms and comfort level.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to personally thank you for your positive hotel review. We are delighted we were able to provide you with such comfortable accommodations during your recent reunion. I will be certain to share your comments regarding the efficiency of our staff and the quality of our food. I hope you allow us to be you home away from home again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Disappointed with this hotel. Feels like aged property not maintaining the excellence level of a brand. The corridors are smelling dampy even though the room is OK. In the same time the hotel has good gym and the pool looks OK.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Our facilities team continually works to improve the maintenance practices and your feedback is appreciated related to what they need to address. I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of the gym and pool during your stay. By sharing your observations, we are able to provide a quality experience to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again very soon.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good location near dining, central to business locations. Not the cleanest or best maintained, but it sufficed. Heating/AC unit was quiet, which was better than at many hotels. Has a small refrigerator, very convenient, and they provide a bottle of water each day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Somehow Hiltons never seem to make it "special"....the basic room, basic amenities, nice desk staff, slow elevator. Good location if you are in the city. Public garage parking at $18 a day. Nice treats for sale in the lobby. USA today available to pick up in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Your comments regarding our staff are appreciated. During your next stay with us please let our Front Office Manager know if we can provide you with any additional amenities and we will certainly accommodate you in any way we can. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your future needs.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed over the past weekend for a wedding. Most of the employees were very helpful but one in particular, Charice (I believe), was a real problem solver and truly focused upon customer satisfaction. Had trouble with the shower pressure the 2nd night (night of the wedding). Engineer couldn't fix it on the spot, so they offered us another room. It was nearly midnight and our 1 year old was asleep, so they agreed to let us use the other room just to shower and then keep our original room as the sleeper. Indoor pool very nice. Enjoyed our stay and can recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your review on Tripadvisor. I am grateful to read that you found our staff friendly and I will certainly pass along your comments regarding Cherene. Our first priority is the satisfaction of our guests and I am happy to read we were able to accommodate you during the unfortunate water pressure issue. We strive for excellence in all we do and your feedback is truly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here two nights this past weekend for a wedding. There was a block of rooms at another hotel we were encouraged to use due to that hotel offering a shuttle to and from the reception. Being thrifty and a frequent traveler, I was sure I could do better myself. Sure did!! We got this hotel for the half the price of the Holiday Inn across the river the rest of the wedding goers used. They also had a horrible experience with the "convenient" shuttle. I'll just say the only people who got to the reception on time and were able to stay til the end were those who did not use the shuttle but anyway this is a review about the Hilton. Which I must say was a perfect walking distance if you find yourself attending an event at the Elks lodge. We arrived the find Michigan flags, t shirts, and the like everywhere! Turns out Michigan was playing UCONN, and they were staying in our hotel. There seemed to maybe be a few weddings as well. Even with this much going on, there were no disturbances whatsoever and the service was top notch. After check-in, we went back to the front desk to ask if there were nearby restaurants in a walkable distance that would be open. The lady a the front desk (Chantel? Wish I would have taken a better note of her nametag) told us about a brewery cafe a short walk away that we enjoyed so much we went the next day too before the wedding. When we passed by the front desk the next day, she greeted us, called us her friends and asked about our dinner the night before. The front desk showed us the location of the wedding and the reception on the map and suggested a taxi would be our best bet for reception transportation if we wanted to avoid driving ourselves. We did end up walking but the gentleman and lady at the desk (again, wishing I'd taken note of their names) were so helpful. I would book this hotel again with zero hesitation. The only thing I would have changed would have been the noise of the air-conditioner. The first night, it didn't bother me so much but the second night it was really annoying. I ended up turning it off. I have an old window unit at home and it doesn't make a fraction of the noise and rattling this thing did. Not sure why a hotel of this caliber would have such a noisy piece of equipment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!