“Well run and good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Well run and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed over the past weekend for a wedding. Most of the employees were very helpful but one in particular, Charice (I believe), was a real problem solver and truly focused upon customer satisfaction. Had trouble with the shower pressure the 2nd night (night of the wedding). Engineer couldn't fix it on the spot, so they offered us another room. It was nearly midnight and our 1 year old was asleep, so they agreed to let us use the other room just to shower and then keep our original room as the sleeper. Indoor pool very nice. Enjoyed our stay and can recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your review on Tripadvisor. I am grateful to read that you found our staff friendly and I will certainly pass along your comments regarding Cherene. Our first priority is the satisfaction of our guests and I am happy to read we were able to accommodate you during the unfortunate water pressure issue. We strive for excellence in all we do and your feedback is truly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here two nights this past weekend for a wedding. There was a block of rooms at another hotel we were encouraged to use due to that hotel offering a shuttle to and from the reception. Being thrifty and a frequent traveler, I was sure I could do better myself. Sure did!! We got this hotel for the half the price of the Holiday Inn across the river the rest of the wedding goers used. They also had a horrible experience with the "convenient" shuttle. I'll just say the only people who got to the reception on time and were able to stay til the end were those who did not use the shuttle but anyway this is a review about the Hilton. Which I must say was a perfect walking distance if you find yourself attending an event at the Elks lodge. We arrived the find Michigan flags, t shirts, and the like everywhere! Turns out Michigan was playing UCONN, and they were staying in our hotel. There seemed to maybe be a few weddings as well. Even with this much going on, there were no disturbances whatsoever and the service was top notch. After check-in, we went back to the front desk to ask if there were nearby restaurants in a walkable distance that would be open. The lady a the front desk (Chantel? Wish I would have taken a better note of her nametag) told us about a brewery cafe a short walk away that we enjoyed so much we went the next day too before the wedding. When we passed by the front desk the next day, she greeted us, called us her friends and asked about our dinner the night before. The front desk showed us the location of the wedding and the reception on the map and suggested a taxi would be our best bet for reception transportation if we wanted to avoid driving ourselves. We did end up walking but the gentleman and lady at the desk (again, wishing I'd taken note of their names) were so helpful. I would book this hotel again with zero hesitation. The only thing I would have changed would have been the noise of the air-conditioner. The first night, it didn't bother me so much but the second night it was really annoying. I ended up turning it off. I have an old window unit at home and it doesn't make a fraction of the noise and rattling this thing did. Not sure why a hotel of this caliber would have such a noisy piece of equipment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I decided to take my wife away for a Saturday night using my Hilton Honors points. I chose Hartford because we'd never been there and it was within driving distance for us. Booking was done online using my points. We arrived at about 4 pm for check in. There were a lot of people walking around with U Michigan shirts on so I knew something was up. It turned out it was the U Michigan UConn football game day and we stumbled on it. Didn't matter, check in was great. Easy and efficient. The lobby is nicely appointed. We were given a room on the 20th floor. Nice sized room, very clean, efficiently sized bathroom. Very comfortable. Great night for sleeping too. The location seemed nice but it was a Saturday afternoon/evening and it's a business district so it was a bit quiet. It was close to the XL Center though so if you're attending an event it would be conveniently located. My only gripe was the dining experience (which is for another review) at the M&M Cafe in the lobby. Would definitely stay again if traveling to Hartford.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NY- L.I.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here to attend the UConn-UMichigan football game at nearby Renschler Field. The hotel was very professionally run, the room was spacious and excellently appointed and the hotel was near the stadium. All around a good stay and a fine hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your future needs.
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable and plenty of space. Staff very friendly and helpful. Close to Bushnell park if you want to walk outdoors. Food served at conference by hotel was very good. Indoor pool and exercise equipment were great for keeping in shape after sitting aroudn a conference room all day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your Tripadvisor review of our hotel. Our number one priority is the satisfaction of our guests. I will certainly pass along to our management that you found our staff helpful and you enjoyed the quality of our food. I am also appreciative of your enjoyment of our fitness facilities. Only through comments such as yours are we able to continue to provide a quality experience to all of our guests.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm comparing my experience here to Hiltons in NYC, Indianapolis, L.A. The room is large (king bed), clean, bed is comfortable, as is temperature; great desk area for work, fridge is a plus as I'm here for 4 nights; counter space in bathroom, decent shower pressure, fluffy towels, in-room safe, and lots of closet space. Nice fitness area and there's a small indoor pool and whirlpool. That the hotel happens to be close to historical attractions is nice; there seem to be plenty of restaurants off Pratt Street, Main, and near Union Station. The hotel's M&M Bistro has a great breakfast buffet; dinner was ok. Read my separate review. As in all downtown urban areas, be wary. I jogged in Bushnell Park this afternoon, and fine in daylight, but not a nighttime hang out spot. The Capitol Building is awesome to view from the park. Seems this area caters to business travelers and theater goers; there doesn't seem to be many residents in the downtown area, thus some restaurants/shops close early (5 p.m.) Hotel is walking distance to Wadsworth Atheneum, Old State House, Riverfront, Ancient Cemetery. I'd stay here again.

Hartford, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

In room Menu stated room service available from noon till 11.30pm but if you order before 6.30pm you need to collect it yourself. This is NOT room service. Hotel Manager on that day was not interested in dealing with my complains.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your review on TripAdvisor. Our management and staff takes every measure to create a welcoming and pleasant in-room dining experience and I would like to assure you and the TripAdvisor community that this was an isolated occurrence. This is truly not representative of a typical experience at our hotel or brand. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Hartford so that we may show you the hotel experience you deserve.

Duane Schroder

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!