“Comfortable Conference” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pawling, New York
“Comfortable Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I attended a reading conference in the hotel with a group of colleagues and had a very pleasant stay. The banquet staff was very attentive during our conference. I recently had shoulder surgery and needed a chair with arms for the week. Banquet manager, Luis Medina gave me his desk chair in order to make sure I was comfortable. Talk about going above and beyond for the client! They checked on us frequently to adjust the temperature and make sure we were all happy. The drinks and coffee were fine, but we were all looking for the light snacks that most conference centers provide for their conference guests. The hotel room was comfortable and clean. We would have enjoyed a greater selection of tv channels, and the hair dryer's handle got hot and burned my hands when I used it! There was a housekeeper on the 7th floor who was also lovely and accommodating as I needed to get a bag of ice and towel to take care of my injury - I wish I had gotten her name. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I would like to take a moment to thank you personally for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding Luis Medina and the Banquet staff. While I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room I apologize for the unfortunate incident with the hairdryer. This seems to be an isolated incident and I am happy to hear that our housekeeping staff was attentive to this matter. Thank you again for your comments. We truly value your experience you look forward to welcoming you back.

Duane Schroder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Over 300.00 for a night and Ugh. Walk the hallways and meet other people who can't get into their rooms because the key card system barely works. Wake up with acute sinusitus from an AC system that sucks all moisture out of the air. Shave in a bathroom with barely the same lighting as a nightlight. Enjoy a desk with a lamp with a broken switch. Wait over 30 minutes for an order of scrambled eggs and toast in the restaurant only to find out the kitchen never got the order. At least I had lukewarm tea to sip while I waited. And then enjoy checking out by watching both customers at the desk loudly complain about errors on their bills. I'm too tired to list other indignities.

This used to be a reasonably priced hotel with good service. Those days are gone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Your input related to your food service is appreciated and is something I’ll use as we work to continuously improve our hotel. I do apologize for your poor experience with our key cards. I am actively working with our facilities team to correct the key problems that some of our extended stay guests may experience. We strive to make every guests' experience a positive one and we are sorry you were disappointed. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing training as we work towards the goal of superior hospitality. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Hartford so that we may show you the hotel experience you deserve.

Duane Schroder
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

What kind of a hotel offers a room without a bed? The Hilton Hartford! I am a Hilton HHonors Silver participant and was checked into room 703 on July 16, 2013 at the Hilton Hartford and found the room to be furnished with no bed (only a pull out couch), no desk, no chair, and no alarm clock. In exchange for my discomfort, Hilton gave me a complimentary 1-liter bottle of Fiji water and a 9-piece box of chocolates. No discount off the rate I paid.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The price quote when reserved online was not the price I received. The staff did nothing but pass me from one person to another and the final "manager" just wanted me to wait until I checked out and look at the final statement. I will not use my final day of vacation for that. We were on the 21st floor and could hear traffic like we were on the first floor. Also could here conversations from rooms on either side.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Groton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my second year staying at the Hilton Hartford for ConnectiCon. It is a comparable price to the Marriot, which is connected directly with the convention center, and it is a short shuttle ride or walk away (about 10 minutes).

The hotel was very clean, the staff were very helpful and quick, and they accommodated last minute requests for my group and managed to get us two connecting rooms, allowing us to spread out a bit easier. The beds were very comfortable. Even during the high traffic times of the convention, the hotel was fairly quiet and the security guards are quick to disperse any crowding and noise that may come from people in the hallways.

As I was traveling light, I had to make use of the hotel shampoo and wash. They were fantastic, had a subtle, but pleasant scent, and left my hair very smooth and clean. The pool is great, but the hot tub and saunas are a little on the small side, so beware if you suffer from claustrophobia. The fitness center here is 24/7, so daily routines are not a problem here.

A little coffee maker is in each room with some complementary coffee, but this doesn't last long. Also, the news stand beverages and drinks are quite expensive. You are better off purchasing from a vending machine which charges a little more than average. The restaurant there is a little on the expensive side due to its convenience, but the food is fairly good. Look to spend between $15 - $20 for a meal.

It is embedded in the middle of a bunch of restaurants and bars, namely Dunkin Donuts for the morning and City Steam for the evening. This made it much easier to get great food and enjoy late evenings without having to walk across Hartford late at night or pick up a cab. The streets around the hotel are quite open and clean as well.

I will warn you that price for the hotel parking garage is quite steep, though this is not unusual to travelers familiar with parking in Hartford. It is $18.00 per night when you validate your parking pass with the hotel. This will be charged on your hotel bill for your convenience. This makes leaving the parking garage smooth. The bright side of this is the in and out privileges that comes with the cost. If you will be needing to use your car, you aren't stuck paying in and out every time.

Another option is finding alternative transportation to the hotel as the star shuttle, which is just across the street from the hotel, will provide you with a free service to many key locations throughout Hartford. This makes getting around without a car easier.

All in all it was a positive experience and my friends and I enjoyed ourselves at the convention.

Room Tip: The 5th Floor will give you access to the pool, fitness center, and locker rooms. If you are going t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing the positive feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Your comments regarding the efficiency of our staff and quality of our rooms are much appreciated. The line of amenities that you enjoyed in your room are from Peter Thomas Roth. I am happy that you were able to benefit from the fitness center as well as the ease of the Star shuttle. Regarding the parking fee, unfortunately we do not own the garage and are required to lease space from the City of Hartford. As a result like many similar downtown hotels throughout the country we have no choice but to pass along the expense to our guests. This being said, thank you for acknowledging the convenience of having this charge billed directly to your guest room. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your future needs.
Minneapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

2 experiences epotimze my Hilton experience: 1. They stripped me of my more than 250,000 points accumulated over years of loyaly staying at Hiltons 2. I had to stay at a Hilton in Hartford. I arrived after midnight. I was told that I was fortunate to have a room because several people had no rroms and there were no rooms in the city. Then I wsa told the room I had contained no bed and I would have to sleep on a pull out sofa. The toilet had not been thoroughly cleaned-- it either had vomit or some other substance around the rim. At that point I was stuck but I will say tht I will do my best to make sure that Hilton does not stick me again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

East Hampton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was very nice but someone should tell you that you have to pay for parking and to save
your parking ticket to get out of the hotel.It took us a half hour to go back to get another ticket
and get us out of the parking garage which made my husband late for work. Also we paid 150.00
for our 1 night stay and no free coffee! Really?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciated all feedback received. I do regret the issue you had with your parking ticket and apologize that it caused you frustration during your visit. As far as the coffee, complimentary coffee is provided in the lobby in the morning as well as in all of our guest rooms. During your next stay please let us know if we can further assistant you so you are able to have an outstanding experience.

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!