“Hospitable and Helpful” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milton, United States
“Hospitable and Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The rate was great, and even though my room was located near the elevators, it was quiet enough and very clean. Most of all, I found the employees to be very helpful and courteous, many of them long time staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy we were able to provide you with outstanding service during your stay. I certainly hope to see you at our hotel again soon.

Duane Schroder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Rates were reasonable for a city, hotel is business class, mostly self-service, but clean and adequate for needs. No major problems were encountered. Staff was helpful and made things go as smoothly as possible. I would have no hesitation about staying there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. The comfort and satisfaction of each guest is our top priority and knowing our staff provided you with exceptional service is much appreciated. I certainly hope you allow us to be you home away from home again soon.

New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This property is conveniently located close to the state capitol and across the street from the XL Center (if you are a UConn fan that could be important to you) and just a few blocks from Union train station.

The lobby has a modern-decor twist to it - there is a bar to the left along with a seating area while the check in desk, hotel elevators (which are separate from the parking garage and convention floor elevators - which is nice) and cafe are to the right. Check in was quick, the staff friendly, all went well.

The hallway on my floor had brown carpeting and stains were obvious - they could use a good cleaning. One thing you will notice right away is the gap between your door and the hallway - it's at least 1". My king-sized room had nice furniture but the overall feel of the room was "average". The condition of the room was good though the metal window frame and base was scratched and pitted, which probably had a great deal to do with the feeling of "meh" to me. The crisp, white sheets were nice as were the ample pillows. A large, flat screen TV complemented the room. The bedside tables did not have accessible outlets which I did not like. I use my phone as my alarm clock and prefer to have it accessible from bed vs. across the room on the desk. Lavazza coffee was the brand with the in-room coffee machine. The HHonors water consisted of only 1 bottle vs. the traditional 2. The bathroom was large, and had a granite counter though the white ceramic tiles and spots of missing grout in the shower area made the space feel somewhat dated. HVAC was strong and it kept my room nice and cool though during the middle of the night the cycle lengthened for some strange reason. Wireless internet is included in the room rate and is available in the room as well as in the public areas - that is a very welcome feature IMO in these days of $9.99 - $14.99/day charges for internet at many hotels. Parking is available for $18 at a garage adjacent to the hotel.

I had breakfast at the cafe - service was very efficient and my food, an American breakfast, was delivered very quickly. Prices are what you would expect from a hotel restaurant, about $20 for eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and juice.

Hartford is not a vacation destination so the hotel is geared towards the business traveler and the rates show. It is not inexpensive whatsoever. The frills are few but the property is comfortable and clean and the service is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share comments on your recent stay with us and for being a valued HHonors member. The detailed feedback you provided will be used as part of our ongoing training as we work towards the goal of superior hospitality. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary internet access and the staff provided efficient and friendly service during your stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time business brings you to the area.

Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a typical downtown hotel but what set it apart for me was the excellent service I received from every employee I encountered. The reception desk staff was very friendly and accommodating and employees I met in elevators were equally as friendly and helpful. This staff sincerely wanted my stay to be as pleasant as possible. I even had a reception desk employee recommend a very good taxi driver and for a woman traveling solo that was a great service. Downtown hotels seem to be so similar in many ways but the staff at this Hilton sets it apart for me. The room was clean and comfortable and I had no concerns or issues during my stay. It is centrally located and is within easy walking distance to most locations. I would return without hesitation. Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your kind review on Trip\Advisor. Please know that your feedback is truly appreciated. I will be certain to share your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff with my management team . Our main focus is serving the needs of our guests and validation that we are accomplishing this is much appreciated.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean room. Friendly service. Good value for $$. Right off the highway. Close to restaurants (we ate at City Steam Brewery... really good) and right down the street are bars & clubs if that's what you're looking for. Very happy with our stay. Only downside would be the Additional $18 parking fee.

• Stayed June 2013
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your positive feedback. Our main focus is serving the needs of our guests and validation that we are accomplishing this is much appreciated. Regarding the parking fee, unfortunately we do not own the garage and are required to lease space from the city of Hartford. As a result like many similar downtown hotels throughout the country we have no choice but to pass along the expense to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Immaculate facilities. Warm, friendly and extremely helpful staff. Lovely convention facilities. Very fair - because of travel difficulties, I arrived after midnight, and they didn't charge me for that night!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing feedback from your stay with the TripAdvisor community. Your comments regarding our staff and overall cleanliness are appreciated. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your future needs.

Stow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed there for one night with my daughter. The hotel is located in a business district, and while we were there, there was very little going on around it. There are quite a few restaurants and pubs in the area, and I suppose that it is all busier during the week when business travelers are around.

I knew ahead of time about the $18 parking fee; regardless, I am still unhappy about it. It comes across as them being able to keep the room rates low by tacking on this additional fee. The hotel staff at the reception desk were very friendly and welcoming.

The room was basic with two double beds. The television was HD, which really is expected these days. There was a small refrigerator in the room that we used to store some water bottles. That is always a nice touch!

I will say that it is totally and completely unacceptable to have mold growing on the grout in the bathtub. When I see it, I start questioning everything else about the hotel. What else are they not paying attention to? I also found it odd that there was no evidence of a fan or air return in the bathroom to clear the fog from showers. Maybe that's one reason for the mold?

We had a long day before arriving, so we decided to catch a bite to eat in the hotel. I don't think there was anyone else eating there at the same time. We each had sandwiches and they were fine. Probably a few dollars more than what you would get at a restaurant, but not outrageous. If I were to stay again, I would scout out something else.

I was in Hartford for a specific occasion and probably will not be back in some time. Given that I haven't stayed in other hotels in the area, I have nothing to compare it to locally. I am not sure that I would recommend it given the mold in the bathroom.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!